Him...

I sat on my bed quietly staring at the ceiling. I watched as the fan moved in circles. I look down and try to focus back on the book in my hands. I keep zoning out. One thought just kept replaying in my mind.

Today was the day I had to do the impossible. Hang out with him; Nathan Wright and two love birds. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing with my life. Always being dragged into to things. Although Teresa isn't wrong I'm always in the basement. Yeah the isolation from people is nice, but probably not healthy for my social life. Who am I kidding; what social life?

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and gaze at my door waiting for it to open.

"Someone is here to take you to the arcade." Victoria says a smirk falling apon her lips. I look at her confused but get up anyway. I grab my phone and jacket while walking out the door. Since we were going to do a bunch of stuff I decided on wearing a pair of white high waisted shorts and my American flag tank top. I had to borrow the shorts from sister since I don't usually wearing anything showing to much skin. The tank top however was from Teresa, I guess now is as good as any to finally wear it.

I jog up the stairs and into the kitchen. My dad isn't home, usual for a Saturday. It's one o clock and he is usually at work. I wave goodbye as I walk out onto the drive way. I stop in my tracks, no it's not possible. This can't be happening to me.

"Hey shorty." Nathan says smirking at me from his car.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yell holding out my hand to block the sunlight.

He laughs and continues explaining "I asked Teresa where you lived so I could pick you up."

Teresa how could she betray me like that. Wait is he stalking me? That is so creepy.

"Relax," he laughs "I'm just kidding I live right next to you. Look I know you always have your head in a book but you have to have noticed that." He says gesturing to the house next-door.

"Oh um yeah totally noticed that." I lied scratching the back of my neck.

"Sure." He waves his hand motioning for me to come. Unwillingly I find my feet slowly walking towards him. I reluctantly get in the passenger seat of his black vintage mustang. He starts the car and we're off. I watch as buildings pass by, gradually getting smaller. Soon enough we arrive to the 'Fun Zone'. I'm about to get out when my door is opened.

"I can open my own door." I growl.

"Chill shorty, I'm not all bad." He sighs holding his hands up in surrender. I smile a little getting out of the car.

"Um can I ask you something?" My smile slowly fading away from my face.

"Sure, what's up?" He replies.

"Why the hell do you have to call me shorty!" I yell.

"Because it's cute when you get all riled up." He smirks once again. His words sending chills down my spine.

"Come on let's go." He laughs. We walk over to the front of the arcade and wait for Teresa and Ethan. A couple minutes later and I see Ethan's red jeep pull up with Teresa in the front seat. From across the parking lot, I could see her cheeks blush a bright pink. I laugh, Ethan really does make her happy. They walk over to us hand in hand. I avert my gaze from their hands and to Teresa's eyes. I raise an eyebrow as if to say 'ohhhhhh'. She returns a look that says 'shut up'. The rolling of her eyes tells me stop so I do. We all make our way into the place and decide what we want to do first. I guess bowling is first on the list.

"Hi, what shoe size?" The guy at the bowling counter asked. I look up and see tufts of brown hair falling perfectly on his forehead. A small smile appears on his face. I read his name tag 'Nick'.

"I'm an 8." Teresa says. He grabs the shoes and sets them down while doing the same for the boys. They all wait for me to get to my shoes.

"And yours?" He says his smile seems to light up the whole room. I blush a little but quickly look down to hide it.

"Um I'm a 9." I say trying not to make eye contact with his blue eyes. It's funny how Nathan a blonde has hazel eyes and how Nick who has brown hair has blue eyes. I laugh to myself quietly about the thought. I can't stand Nathan and all but his eyes are unique for a blonde and I like them. Same goes for Nick.

"Here you go." He hands me the shoes still smiling, he looks so cute. I walk away with them before turning around and looking at him. His blue eyes were still gazing at me.

We all set our stuff down and put on our shoes. I walk over to the racks filled with many different sizes of bowling balls. I pick one up without checking the size. My mistake. I drop the ball immediately, my face cringing as I wait for it to land on my toe. To my surprise it doesn't, I open my eyes to find Nick standing there holding the bowling ball.

"Hey," he says "maybe we should try something a little smaller." He shows me the size;13. Not my best choice.

"Here." He hands me an eight. I try it out and decide on using it. I look at him and notice he had changed. He isn't wearing his uniform, he is wearing black ripped jeans and a white T-shirt. I look at his hair and find it being held back by his black beanie.

"Why'd you change?" I question.

"Oh I just got off work." He explains.

"Do you want to join us?" I ask biting my cheeks to keep me from smiling.

"Yeah sure." He smiles a hint of pink in his cheeks.

We walk over to the rest of the group. The boys give me a weird look but don't say a word. Teresa just smiles while eyeing me.

"Um this is Nick and he is joing us." I smile.