An Argument

Just a heads up, there will be a spoiler alert in this chapter. I will put a warning at the part of the book that has it. You can skip that small part or read it. Anyways enjoy.

-Parker
______________________________________
I awoke the next morning, tired as ever. It was finally Monday, the day that I dreaded most out of the year. I grabbed my stuff and walked over to the restroom to get changed. I put on a white oversized shirt and some dark blue ripped jeans. I brushed my hair and then tied it into a braid. To finish off I threw on my white hytops and coat. I walked upstairs and into the kitchen to see my sister sitting at the table in her pajamas.

"What the hell are you doing?" I yelled starring at her confused.

"Alexis Cooper language!" My dad yelled back walking into the room.

"Sorry dad," I mimicked "but, Vick your supposed to take me to school." Just as I said that I heard honking coming from outside. I turned towards her and then my dad, they both shrugged their shoulders. My dad waved goodbye before leaving. I walked outside with my backpack slung over my shoulder. I stopped in my tracks, "N-Nick? W-what are you doing h-here?" I asked stuttering. He was leaning against his car, in a red letter men's jacket and blue jeans.

"Can we talk? I figured I'd give you a ride to school and maybe we could try to not argue?" He asked. I thought about just walking back inside, but then decided he did deserve the chance to explain himself. I got in his white camaro and we drove off.

"So um...listen Alex I'm really sorry! I should've handled it better, I was being a complete Jack ass. I'm really sorry, and to be honest, I really like you Alex. If you are willing to forgive me, I was wondering if you'd like to be my girlfriend?" He rambled on. I sat there in shock, my throat completely dry and my mouth wide open. I closed it quickly and tried to find something to say.

"Um, Nick I do forgive you and appreciate your apology. By the way it wasn't all your fault, I did kind of act like a b*tch. A-and about the, um, you know, the whole girlfriend thing, I'd love too." I rambled on my nerves getting the best of me.

He chuckled "You're not a b*tch. Just a really smart girl with a bit of an attitude." He playfully pushed my shoulder and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I laughed slightly.

We had finally arrived to school and he walked over to my door to let me out. As soon as he did a crowd of people circled us. I knew he was on the football team with Nathan and Ethan but I didn't know he was as popular as them. I mean he has the looks and the personality but I just didn't know.

I shrugged it off and we walked inside hand in hand. I blushed but hid my face by looking down. I walked us over to my locker and let go of his hand reluctantly to open it. As I opened my locker through the corner of my eye I saw a body approaching us. I turned and made eye contact instantly with him.

"Hey Ethan!" Nick smiled and gave him a bro hug. I laughed and continued putting things into my locker.

"Hey Alex, where's Nathan?" Ethan asked smirking at me.

"How am I supposed to know?" I shut my locker and turned towards him giving him a confused look. He laughed before answering "Maybe because you spent the entire night with him last night?" I gave him a glare, I didn't want Nick thinking there was anything going on between us.

"Um can we get to class?" Nick coughed clearing his throat.

"Yeah sure." He walked me to my class before uttering a quick goodbye and making his way to his class. As soon as I entered the bell rang. I sat down in my assigned seat next to Nathan who was just sitting there casually.

"H-hey Ethan's looking for you." I said. I don't know why but something about Nathan always makes me nervous. He smiled "Yeah I know I'm avoiding him."

"Why?"

"He cracked my phone."

"Awe now you won't have a way to bug me!" I gave him a sarcastic smile and playfully punched his shoulder.

"Whatever." He mimicked me.

"Thanks for last night, i-it was a lot of fun." I smiled.

"Agreed."

"Nathan and Alexis, care to tell me what I just said?" Mrs. Johnson screamed at us. My smile faded and searched the room for any clues to what she was talking about.

"That's what I thought, now pay attention!" She pulled out a book from her desk drawer. "Now class please pull out your book 'Me before you'. Nathan and Alexis why don't you tell me what you thought about the ending." (Spoiler alert!!!! Don't read this next part of you don't want to know yet!)

" I thought the ending was stupid." Nathan says bluntly.

"How?" I asked.

"The guy killed himself! How could he just leave her there? Obviously he never loved her." He laughed as if it were obvious.

"It's so not stupid." I replied ignoring his cocky attitude "How could she ask so much of him? He was in so much pain and she asks him to go through pain everyday just for her. I mean he woke up in the middle of the night screaming from all the pain. He couldn't move anything expect for his face and thumb. How could anyone live like that or even ask someone to live through that."

"It doesn't matter how much pain he is going through, if you love someone then you will do anything to make them happy. Even if it means living in pain, and if he really loved her then he would have stayed because his life would've been better with her in it." He sighed staring at me. I looked into his eyes and smiled.

"But the thing is if she loved him, she wouldn't have asked him to go through the pain. She would've accepted it and known that he loved her and that their love was real."

"Again, it doesn't matter. Yes she shouldn't have asked him to go through the pain everyday, but you see 'the thing is' if he really loved her she wouldn't have had to ask."

"Interesting opinions. Thank you for your debate." Just as Mrs. Johnson said that the bell rang. I packed my stuff as everyone else scurried out of the classroom. I turned and saw Nathan waiting there for me.

"I hate to say it but I guess you are right..." I laughed and he smiled at me.

"I know I am." We stood there for a second before he spoke again. "So how are you doing with the whole Nick thing?"

"Oh yeah about that, he sort of asked me out." I stared at him as his face cracked into a huge smile and he burst out laughing.

"That guy actually thinks he has a chance?"

"Nathan-"

"How dumb can he be?"

"Nathan-"

"What an idiot!"

"Nathan!" He turned towards me and his smile faded.

"What?"

"I-I said yes."