2. The New Recruit

When Cisco got home, he hurriedly made himself some dinner and seated himself at the table. His laptop and a drawing pad in front of him. He had to design a suit for their new recruit. The girl was different and special. A full suit like Barry's wouldn't work for her he thought. She needed something edgy, something that went with her overall style. Maybe a harness? Cisco started to sketch something. Black would be a color that fit her. Maybe with hints of blue or red? She told him that fire was her favorite element. It would tie in nicely with Barry's suit. He started to draw a tight fitted leather jacket with red details on the ends of the sleeves. Black fireproof cargo pants would go with it, right? he thought. Handy and efficient. He added the idea and sat back for a second, it was starting to come together. Would there be a lightning bold on the jacket? She was a part of team flash after all... No, Cisco thought. He had another idea... he would create something that went with the suit. He started to sketch a mask. Her eyes had to pop out. Just like the rest of her suit it would be black. 'Team Flash'. Elementis and The Flash himself, partners in making Central City crime free. This was going to be awesome. His phone buzzed and the screen lit up. Barry sent him a funny gif. Cisco replied with some laughing emojis before looking at the time. It was 1 am already. He closed his sketch book and stood up. He needed go be up early tomorrow, getting supplies and starting on creating the suit for Quinn. He hoped that she would love it.

-

The next day, Barry and Quinn were standing in the middle of the runway. Caitlin was sitting in a chair under the blue tent, next to dr. Wells, who had a tablet in his hand. Cisco was circling around Quinn, touching the harness she was wearing. He felt tired. He's spend all morning sewing and working on her suit. It had to be perfect.

'We're going to start with a little warming up. Just to see how your powers react when your muscles are warm and your heart rate is high. I want you to do a little running contest with Mr. Allen. He will most likely outrun you, but it's about you and your powers today' Wells said. Quinn who was standing next to Barry nodded. Cisco pulled the harness tighter on the shoulder.

'All set' Cisco smiled at her. Quinn smiled back and Cisco basically melted. He had no idea how she did it but every time she was close to him, he just felt like jello.

'Don't try to outrun me' Barry joked as Quinn took a stand next to him.

'Just for the record, I used to be the fastest in my class'. Barry nodded at her with a grin on his face.

'You guys ready?!' Cisco yelled, holding his speed measurer above his head.

'GO!'

Quinn set her foot off the ground and ran as fast as she could. She was fast, not as fast as Barry of course, but faster than most meta-humans. When she returned. Barry was leaning against a barrel filled with water. He clapped his hands together.

'Impressive'

'Thanks' Quinn smiled.

'That's was good, Miss. Daniels. Let's start with the elements. Water first? Mr. Allen, would you be so kind to take one of those barrels over there with you and place it in the middle of runway?' Wells asked. Barry nodded, grabbed a barrel and placed it on the line. He came back and went to stand next to Cisco.

'Blow it up' Wells instructed. Quinn took a breath and moved her arm behind her before pushing it forward, her palm towards the barrel. The barrel immediately exploded into small pieces and water was gushing down everywhere.

'Good job. Let's try fire, seems like that is the most unpredictable element. Would you be able to hit Barry with fire balls, or at least try to hit him?'

Quinn smirked at Barry and nodded.

'This should be fun, considering that bullets can't even hit me' Barry chuckled.