7.1. I make jokes when I'm scared

Everybody was gathered in the Cortex.

'So, she just hit you in the face and walked away?' Caitlin asked Ralph.

'Yeah and her eyes were like glowing this bright red' Ralph replied. 'It's not like she hurt me, I just stretched, but it seemed like there was a completely different person inside of her.'

'There possibly is... Everything that we just analyzed and all the symptoms point to one option. Quinn is being mind controlled' Caitlin spoke.

'Grodd?' Joe suggested. 'I hate that Gorilla.'

'I don't think that it's Grodd. This thing's speech is excellent. I think that we're dealing with a meta-human' Caitlin said.

'Well, there is only one way to find out' Barry announced.

'You're lucky. She's up' Cisco said, pointing at the security cams.

'Great. Let's do it' Barry spoke, getting up from his chair and walking towards the hallway. The group walked into the pipeline. Quinn was looking at them, her head resting against the cell's doorframe.

'Well, well, Flash. You came to die?' the girl smiled, her eyes glinstering red.

'You can't escape... so tell me, who are you?' Barry asked. Quinn rolled her eyes.

'I am Quinn Daniels. Daughter of the late Theo Daniels, owner of Daniels Architecture House.'

'No, tell me who you really are. We know that you're mind controlling Quinn' Barry sharply said.

'Fine, Fine. You figured me out. I am Psychio' Quinn spoke.

'Why do the crazy ones always name themselves?' Cisco questioned. Quinn turned to look at him.

'Aw. Poor little Cisco. How is it to see the love of your life. The girl of your dreams, like this? Like a monster? A psychotic freak' Quinn chuckled. Cisco looked at the ground. Ralph placed a hand on his shoulder and stepped forward.

'Where's Quinn' he demanded.

'Oh don't worry Stretch. Your best friend is somewhere deep down in here. She acknowledges everything I do to you. I must say, I quite enjoy these powers. Though, eventually this body will deteriorate and your lovely friend will die.'

'Let her go' Caitlin said.

'No. I still need her to kill the Flash for me. So if you would just open this stinking cell and let me do my thing, I might consider giving the others a less painful death' Quinn sighed.

'Don't even think about it... sister' Cisco spoke, smashing his hands against the control panel, closing the safety door of the pipeline. 'We're done here.'

'But-...' Barry started.

'I said we're done' Cisco exclaimed.

He spun around and walked out of the pipeline

'I'll go talk to him' Caitlin began.

'No, let me go talk to him. You go find a way to free Quinn from this crazy person' Ralph said, following Cisco out.

'Hey. We'll get her back!' Ralph said once he caught up with Cisco. Cisco rapidly turned around, his eyes red and glassy.

'I know Quinn likes me.... and I know I like her more than anything in the world and I'm just afraid that I will lose her.'

'You won't. You have my word. I don't want to lose my best friend either. I will fight as hard as I can to get our friend back. To get your future girlfriend back' Ralph smiled. 

'Thanks Ralph' Cisco said. 

'What can I say. She's your significant otter.' Cisco started at Ralph with an annoyed expression and frowned his eyebrows. 

'Sorry. When I'm either scared or nervous I start making jokes' Ralph explained. 

'Just don't' Cisco announced. 

'Hey guys. We got a plan on how to get Quinn back' Joe said, as he approached the two guys. 'Caitlin came up with it.' Ralph and Cisco shared a look before nodding and following Joe to the others. 

-

Hey guys. So it's not a very long chapter. I'm currently having midterms but I still wanted to update something. So here you go :)

xoxo Liz