7.2. Jacob's Song

I could say I understand you/But I'm sorry that I don't/You know I'd fall into your arms right now/You'd rather be alone

-

'Are you sure this is going to work?' Ralph asked. 

'No, and it's extremely dangerous. It can cause some major brain damage if we don't do it right' Caitlin said, looking up from her computer.  

'That's why I think we should find something else

'That's why I think we should find something else. This could kill her' Barry spoke. 

'I agree with Barry' Iris said. There was a silence.

'Wait, so we have a plan to save Quinn and we might not do it?' Ralph inquired. 

'We are gonna do it. There are no other options. We are dealing with a very powerful metahuman' Cisco said. 'This device will work.'

'What exactly is it?' Ralph questioned, looking at the blue glowing piece on the table in front of him. 

'It's called a noise decoder. We've used something like this nearly a year ago when the team fought off Grodd, a telepathic gorilla. Only this version is stronger and more developed. It shouldn't only shut out our mind controlling meta human, but also dampen his powers for a couple of hours' Cisco replied. 

'To me it sounds like Quinn's savior'  Joe said.

'Well, all credits go to Caitlin. She's the one who came up with the idea, I just did the technical part' Cisco smiled. 'Okay, just a few little adjustments and it should be ready to go. Caitlin, you should be able to load in the codes. Just press the green button on the right of the screen.'

Caitlin nodded and did as told. Cisco put down the screwdriver and picked up the metal piece. 

'So, the plan. Barry you and Ralph go into the pipeline, I open the door through the system up here. Place the device as fast as you can on her the back of her  neck, you know, before she tries to get out and kills us all, and that should be it... We should have our Quinn back' Cisco explained. Barry and Ralph nodded both. Barry took the device from Cisco. 

'Don't worry, we'll get her back' Barry smiled. 

'Do it right' Cisco replied. Barry turned around and together with Ralph he walked out of the Cortex. 

-

Quinn was sitting on the floor of her cell when Barry and Ralph walked in. 

'Ah, Flash and Stretch. Finally decided to let me out? I promise I'll make your deaths quick and painless... okay, maybe not that painless, considering you only decided to let me out now' the girl smiled. Barry and Ralph said nothing and only shared a look. 

'Open it up' Barry said to Cisco through the intercom. Quinn smiled and stood up, brushing her hands against her jeans. The door opened. Barry got the device and held it in his hands.