4.2. Grodd.want.Flash

Joe was busy examining a case when he was approached by Quinn. He looked up and smiled.

"Hey Quinn, what are you doing here?".

"My shift is over and Cisco called in. We might have a lead on Grodd and a way to take him down. So, I though why not pick you and Barry up. Where is he anyway?" Quinn replied. Joe pushed his finger into the air.

"Lab. Up the stairs, left hallway, first door to the right". Quinn gratefully nodded and ran up the stairs. She followed Joe's directions and took a left, directly turning into the first door on her right. Barry was sitting at his desk, looking through a microscope. Quinn leaned against the doorframe and rested her gaze on the boy. He pushed the microscope furiously away, threw the pencil he was holding to the side and sighed.

"What did the microscope do to you?" the girl ask as she walked into the lab. Barry looked up and immediately started to smile.

"Hey

"Hey. Well, it's not showing me what I want it to show".

"And that is?" Quinn questioned.

"Nothing important" Barry replied. "What brings you here?... not that I don't like you being here. You're a great guest. Yeah, uhm. I'll just stop talking". He awkwardly glanced from Quinn to his desk.

"Well, Cisco called in. They have news about Grodd's whereabouts and how we might defeat him. So, I came to pick you up" Quinn chuckled.

"Cisco didn't notify me" Barry said on a confused tone.

"I told him that I would go pick you up and tell you about it" Quinn replied.

"Well. Let's go then" Barry said, grabbing his jacket. Suddenly the sound of glass breaking appeared, followed by an enormous roar. The boy and girl looked at each other before they rushed out of the lab and down the stairs. Glass was shattered everywhere. One window was completely broken.

"Oh god" Quinn said as they ran up to Joe, who was holding his gun in front of hi. Nothing was there. Only a rock, a piece paper wrapped around it was laying in the middle of the great hall. Captain Singh walked over and picked it up.

"Grodd. Want. Flash" he read out loud. "What the hell is this?!". It was silent, everybody looked at each other and no one dared to say anything. Barry looked at the paper Captain Singh was holding.

"We need to get that back to S.T.A.R. labs" Joe said. Captain Singh moved towards Joe, Quinn and Barry.

"Mr. Allen. Figure out what this is" he started, pushing the paper in Barry's hands. Captain Singh turned to Quinn. "Who's this?".

"Quinn. My co-..." Barry was cut off by Captain Singh.

"Girlfriend I see. Congratulations Mr. Allen and good luck Quinn. Now run me some tests on that piece of paper". Captain Singh turned around and stomped away.  "And someone fix that window!!"

"Well. That was weird... But hey! we got the paper" Quinn slowly said.

"Yea. Let's get it to S.T.A.R. Labs before Captain Singh decides to go all Godzilla on us again" Barry replied. "I wonder what's up with him".

"There's an intelligent ape terrorizing the city... Just a guess" Joe pointed out. Quinn jiggled her car keys in the air and the other two followed her into the elevator.

-x-

Hey guys. Sorry for this short chapter but I'm really busy. Next chapter will hopefully be longer though. Comment below who you think the next villains/villains will be. I miss seeing your comments, they always made my day...

xoxo Elizabeth