t w e n t y

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured: Magicant/Eight Melodies

Mother/Earthbound

Copyright © 1994 Nintendo/HAL Laboratory

One of my favorite tunes from the game

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I angrily jab my left index finger towards Donnie and clench my other hand at my side while giving him an annoyed expression across my face, "You... You stopped me from protecting the King! What is wrong with you?" I say loudly.

Something flashes in his eyes, "I—I had to do it... Star..."

I see everyone slowly approach me while I angrily watch Donnie become slightly nervous as he studies me closely, narrowing my eyes at him, "You threaten me, disappear without anyone knowing where you went and now this?" I say with a tone of disgust and annoyance.

I expect him to act much differently than he does right now. I expect him to either show aggression towards me like he has before, or show similar emotions and fight back.

But he does not.

As he studies my face, his expression changes slowly from nervousness, to something like... gratefulness? What is he thinking? He allows our enemy to attack our King while disobeying orders and he feels... glad?

I feel anger slowly fill me up from underneath the surface as I hide the confusion I am feeling towards his choice of emotion.

I hear Lucina mutter under her breath, "And my father calls you his trusted mercenaries..."

Ignoring her words, I keep my gaze on Donnie. Ouch, Lucina...

Papa approaches me and turns his gaze towards Donnie. His eyes are sharp and he looks as though he has a few things to say.

"Is this who you were speaking of, Greil?" Chrom says from behind me.

Papa nods slowly, keeping his gaze on Donnie who is now showing his nervousness once again, "Are his actions justified by you?"

Papa turns his gaze up to Chrom then back to Donnie. He steps in front of me slightly and pushes me away towards Ike. Ike wraps his arm around me defensively.

"No. Donnie? Explain yourself, boy..." Something about the expression Papa holds as he says this makes me believe he is thinking about something. He studies Donnie curiously.