n i n e

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured: Battle Against A True Hero

Undertale

Copyright © 2015 Toby Fox

This is my final favorite tune from the game. I listened to this one a lot while writing parts of this book. The title of this theme suits Donnie well. Hmmm...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~5 years later

"I'm ready mama!" Merric calls to me from the bedroom doorway. "I am ready for morning training!"

I laugh from within the closet. "He's been excited about this all morning," I hear Ike's deep voice fill the air. I poke my head out and cross the room ready to go.

"Really? I am sure he has. Today is your first day, Merric. You ready?"

Ike chuckles as Merric excitedly nods and rushes off through the door to the practice field. "When he was not pestering me when it was time, he was off in the side of the practice field practicing by himself," Ike pauses and pulls me close before I can pass him by. He softly kisses me before letting me go. When he notices the face I gave him he chuckles at me.

"You should be used to that by now, Hun," I laugh and go back for another one before turning to follow Merric to the practice field. He chuckles again and follows me.

When we pass through the doorway, Merric's green eyes light up as he sees us. "Yay! I'm ready mama!"

I laugh as I scan the practice field. Oscar and Boyd are at it on one side and Merric is waiting for me on the other side. I notice Merric has chosen red armor, cape and hood.

Interesting. That is the same color of Donnie's attire.

Before I was about to focus back onto my son, I notice Donnie and Ronnie watching from the shadows where they usually are. Donnie's green eyes and Ronnie's purple eyes are watching us closely. I note them and turn my eyes back to my son waiting for me while his bright green eyes are glued onto mine. I get a strange sensation when I look into Merric's eyes this time.

Bright green. Those remind me so much of Donnie's eyes. It's so weird. They both chose the same clothing color and have the same eye color.

"Get ready, boy," I say to him as I close the gap to just steps away from him. His face stiffens as his expression gets more serious. "Ready," He says to me softly.