n i n e t e e n

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured: Conquest (Ablaze)

Fire Emblem Awakening

© Nintendo

If this tune sounds familiar, it should. This is the ablaze version of Conquest featured in chapter 15, which plays while in combat animations and the original Conquest plays on the battlefield overview.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~2 years later

Merric tightens his grip on my neck as we gather out in the practice field. He has been clinging to me a lot lately, ever since we held that meeting a while back with the King after he helped me search through my tomes. He is now watching his grandfather closely as he approaches me. It has been a while since Papa has spent time with Merric and Lance like this. Oscar, Boyd and Ralf are next to me on my other side, bickering back and forth as usual.

"You have grown so much, boy. Your strength is shining brightly, like your mother's,"

Merric gives a soft smile, "She used more than her strength to teach me. Mama is very strong," He repositions himself in my embrace, "I still feel like I have a way to go. She still has much to teach me,"

I softly chuckle to myself. Little do you know, boy, you are stronger than me now.

As if Papa is catching onto my thoughts, he chuckles as well and gives Merric his large grin while crossing his arms, "You believe that, boy? Knowing your mother, she has already taught you what she knows. She learns from you now,"

Merric shifts in my grasp once again, looking up into Papa's gaze, "Wha—What? But mama is super strong! How can that be so, Papa Greil?"

Papa chuckles again, "Where do you think your strength comes from then, boy?"

Merric looks down for a moment, with the look of deep thought engulfing his eyes. He swiftly looks back up to Papa's gaze with determination in his eyes, "How about you, Papa Greil? You taught mama too before, right?"

That boy. He cannot just stop there now can he? He seems to love improving and cannot help but to try harder when he knows someone can teach him more.

I hear Ike chuckle a bit from behind me and whispers something softly like he is only saying it to himself, "I know he will become stronger than all of us some day,"

Papa looks stunned for a moment before he puts on his proud look in his eye, "Ho, ho, ho! I like you, boy. You think you are ready for me?" Papa continues to look back at him for a moment, and Merric keeps his gaze steady and unyielding. A grin spreads back onto Papa's face, "I accept,"