f o u r t e e n

When I finally break my gaze from Vladimir for a second, I cannot keep them off of the boys.

How did they know before Lucina brought the news? They could not have possibly knew! They are just getting more and more suspicious to me. They must be spying or something for Vladimir. Which will explain how they knew already. But why are they on our side then?

Ugh, these boys are giving me a headache. My head is already beginning to throb from Vladimir's voice speaking to my mind. I feel a tug somewhere inside of me and my eyes dart back to Vladimir without my permission. His red eyes meet mine once again and his mouth twists into a smile.

Vladimir raises his hands and small misty black orbs are swirling around them.

What is happening? Why is he doing this? His eyes... they are red.

My eyes widen. The Dark Lord. Does he have him? Is he—

He begins to laugh feverishly as I see battle surround me all at once, swords, lances and axes dancing around.

What is his purpose? Is he seeking out me? Is this why he was searching for women with his previous attacks to our villages? Was he going to tear apart Ylisse in search for me? If he knew where I was then he surely would have come straight after me, right? Is he controlling those boys? I feel as though those boys are connected to all of this somehow. None of it feels right at all.

"Star! Watch out! What are you doing?" I hear from somewhere around me. Ike.

I spin around just in time to see Ike block an axe man from smashing me with his large axe. Ike's eyes meet mine for a second and he catches the emotion spilling from my eyes. His expression twists into concern as he turns away only to fight the axe man away from me, in turn, killing him.

"I—Ah," Ike turns back to me after making sure it is clear for now and looks into my eyes for a moment. The concern on his face fades to anger as he glances behind me, probably at Vladimir.

"What did he say to you. What is happening? Why do you have horror and anger all over your face?"

Before I can answer him he steps forward, closer to me, with his gaze locked on something behind me. He pulls me close for a moment, "Whatever is to come, I will end anyone who tries to lay a hand on you..." Ike's voice drifts off. He quickly kisses the top of my head and begins to pull me with him as he enters the fray of mayhem behind us.

I want to tell him right now but we have no more time. I will tell you soon, Ike.

I feel Vladimir's eyes on me making me feel violated as I fight alongside Ike's side against the Daein forces. The more I think about it, the angrier I feel as I release it through my arms against the enemy. I feel my emotion freely flow through me and I do not have to think as hard to use my attacks. Anger. It is doing this. I better keep it under control.