t w e n t y - f o u r

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured: Deep Castle

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Copyright © Nintendo

One of my favorite tunes from the game

Video Comment Quote: ' This was the soundtrack that was telling us, "The End is near..." '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ike brushes past me as I take one more look at the lifeless Papa lying on the debris covered ground behind me. I can feel how he is feeling without him showing me. It is killing him inside and we have no time to properly dispose of these negative emotions swirling around inside of us right now.

Little Lance is now sitting next to him on the ground as he gives me a sad look before I give him a nod, indicating we will be back soon. I take a glance to Myst before turning to follow Ike. Myst has averted her gaze from her father and has already started following her brother. So has Titania.

I feel little Merric next to me as he has stepped forward to take a look at Papa. I can see him hold back his emotions as he swiftly turns away with determination all over his face to follow his father, without giving me a glance at all. I turn to do the same, following in step with Boyd. His brothers are behind us, taking the rear with Ralf on the back of Oscar's horse.

We push forward as I keep my gaze straight ahead where the Daein Forces are hanging around. As we get closer to them, across the open field behind our hideout, they act as though they are luring us away from something. Lance told us this might be the decoy he remembers, so this makes sense, but I still feel like it is the only thing we have to do.

Papa...

I find myself becoming engulfed by my thoughts as they race through my mind.

That explosion...

It killed Papa...

A runaway tear slides down my face as I continue pushing forward, closing in on the group of Daein Forces who were responsible for taking him from me. My hands clench and unclench the more I think about it. I almost lost him a long time ago, but I had time to heal him. Now they force me away from him, giving me no time at all to save him again. I feel subtle anger rising from within me as we charge closer. With every step, I feel the anger build more and more. I feel my left hand reach down and tightly clutch Falchion's hilt. The next thing I notice, I have Falchion raised up next to me, shimmering with the anger that I now feel fiercely coursing through me.