e l e v e n

Titania pulls out the tray of newly baked cookies from the steaming kiln and places them on the top to cool. I usually bake the cookies but I am watching Lance right now in the main room while Titania bakes them. He is next to me on the floor playing while periodically looking at me and giving me a smile.

"The cookies are almost done. Then we can bring them outside to everyone!" Titania says as she turns to face me. She smiles and moves her eyes down to Lance on the floor. "He's a cute boy. Well behaved too. But not like Merric was though. Merric was always silent. Now he has more energy but keeps to himself a lot. Looks like Lance is giving you a break now, huh?" Titania laughs as Lance looks up at her and giggles.

I let out a sigh and look up into her green eyes, "Yeah, he has been a handful recently, hasn't he?"

"Mmmhmm," Titania says as she carefully picks up each cookie and places them onto a platter then assorting them by type, chocolate chip, sugar and gingerbread.

Mm, gingerbread is my favorite.

She turns around and carries the platter towards me and lowers it so I can grab one. I reach up and pick up a gingerbread before she chuckles at me.

"You and your gingerbread cravings,"

I take a giant bite from the cookie and laugh with her, trying not to drop bits of the cookie as it falls apart in my hands from being fresh and warm. She picks up a chocolate chip one and begins to eat it as she strides across the room towards the door leading to the practice field out back. I finish my cookie and pick up Lance. I slowly stand and follow Titania outside.

I scan the field and see Merric in the back close to the tree line practicing by himself. Like he always does. He is levitating a small rock with excellent control. His right hand is very steady and his red cape is softly flapping behind him. His dark eyes are fully focused on the rock and he stands motionless. He seems to really like the back of the field closest to the cliff Donnie often goes to in the evenings.

I turn to my left and surprisingly find Ralf and Myst out there practicing firing targets with arrows and fire magic. Boyd and Oscar are there with them and it looks like they are helping them. When they see me enter the field, Ralf and Myst wave for me to come over.

They have grown so much in the past few years. They are becoming fine warriors now. Boyd and Oscar look highly proud of Ralf now as they pat him on the back after he successfully hits the target three times in a row directly in the middle. As a matter of fact, Ike has been speaking a lot about his sister's magic skills recently. Has she been promoted to a Sage yet?

I begin to approach them with Titania trailing me with the platter of cookies.

Myst's eyes light up when she sees them, "Cookies! Thank you, Titania!" Myst reaches out and picks up a sugar one and begins to eat it.