Chapter XII

Liam POV

I lay on the gravel cold gravel crying, amens pain shot through my body every time I moved a millimetre. Kyle was wrapping an ice cold healing bandage over my legs. I shattered 4 bones plus a couple ribs and dislocated my shoulders, but with the magical healing bands, I'll be very sore but fine in an hour or so.

"Stay still," Kyle ordered.

"Yeah, I was thinking of standing up and starting to breakdance!" I moaned sarcastically and balled my fists in pain my nails cutting through my skin.

"The sarcasm is really helpful!" Kyle flinched at how bad his friend's chest was knackered. Jagged bits of bone formed mountains on my stomach. He drew out the last resort option. It was a pure silver colour and smoke billowed up in a cloud when he tugged the cork from the vial. Kyle picked up my head as gently as possible, but I gasped as my heart began to feel amens pain. I think a piece of my rib has impaled itself into my heart. Kyle poured the liquid down my throat. It was like swallowing ice.

"Grace is going to kill me for letting you fight that major demon. You're lucky that Jay jumped in front of you before it finished off. Where the hell is Jay!?" Kyle stood up in a hurry, dropping my head. "Jay! Jay! Jay where are you!"

Kyle POV

I ran over to a puddle on the floor I slumped into a patch of fiery red quintessence. My heart was pounding, I crawled along the road littered with dead humans following the trail of elemental fire blood. It stopped in front of a statue of Cerberus, the three-headed dog. I cursed, "A demon portal. How could I have been so stupid! The demon hasn't killed Jay, yet. He is in a bigger mess then he realises! The monster was sent to kidnap him!"

Brianna POV

I woke up in a hospital bed, I sat up. This is just becoming stupid! I look around, no looming figure looking down at me, no black hair I loved hung over those beautiful blue eyes. "He's gone. He disappeared around the same time you collapsed." Liam lay in the hospital bed where Cameron lay on the first day. He looked battered, he had a few nasty bruises on his face, arms and every piece of skin I could see he looked like one enormous blueberry, his eyes were open and his breathing was steady.

"What happened? To Jay. And you, of course, Cameron said something about a major demon." I stood up and wandered over so I could look at him in the eye. I pulled up a plastic white chair.

"We tracked down a major demon. And, well, you know Jay, he will never sit back and let others take up the challenge. I said it wasn't a good idea, but they convinced me otherwise. We got there and all the streets were covered in bodies, the shop doors were all open there were no survivors. Suddenly something pounced on top of me. We never stood a chance, it stabbed me over and over, it was huge!! I don't even know what it was, Gray thinks that the Dark Circle is making new breeds of monster, more powerful hybrids of some of the most dangerous creatures. Then I was on death's doorstep when Jay ran up and jumped in front of me, setting fire to the demon. Then it's fuzzy, I'm so sorry. I know you guys had a connection, Grace is having a real hard time handling..." He couldn't seem to end the sentence. I stood up and practically ran over to the triangular window so that Liam couldn't see me fall to pieces, something broke inside of me, the happy, smiling Grace, crumbling and thinking of him just made me feel sick. I felt like a chip in my soul had been stolen. I couldn't stand it, I hardly wiped my streaming eyes as I gave Liam a small wave and left the infirmary, not wanting to see anyone anymore. I ran up to my room, I tossed all my clothes. Throwing them onto the floor, I dressed in some black leggings and shirt which special trainers I found in the weapons room so that when I kicked my foot on the floor, a dagger shot out of the heal and when I slammed my head back, three needles shot out from the heal. I found a bracelet which when you jerk your wrist in a way, throwing stars would shoot out of it and come back, I grabbed four daggers, two swords and a pole that shrank into a hairpin, plus a silver necklace with a ring going through it, I had no clue what it did, but it was beautiful. I trained in the training room for three hours straight.