Chapter XIV

Brianna POV

I screamed until my voice wouldn't work anymore. My head was splitting open from the inside. Horrible, sounds of hate and cruelty filled every thought, it was like hell was living in my brain. I couldn't handle it! It was too much! I, could, not, then I was no longer able to feel or think. I clawed at my head until blood streamed down my cheeks I screwed myself up into a ball and sobbed, every part of my body hurt. I screamed on sobbed for what felt like decades. A cold voice was talking through the screams. Taunting me as a squirmed on the floor.

"You want it to stop? Do you want to think? Or should I take things to the next level?" The horrible indescribable screams got louder. I writhed and hollered. The screaming seemed to fade and I was lying on the floor panting and crying tears that hurt, tears of blood. The echoes still resonating in my ears.

"Now I just raised the bar. Do you think it will be that easy to save your friends? Every time you fail to accomplish a task, you will be tortured with the sounds of hell. Let's see how long it takes you to break." I looked around, shivering my bones were stiff and my vision swam. The room was made of ice and I gave a little scream. A frozen girl was stuck in the ice. She was pointing at a cave with a slim, pale finger. She looked terrified, her eyes were wide and her mouth was open in a scream. My heart raced. I took out the shiny silver cat claw gloves. I slipped them on and walked to the cave, activating the claws. It was dark, but I could still see my hand when I held it up. I stared into the distance. Two reflective pink eyes were staring up at me. A black, fuzzy, cat-like creature with beautiful sparkly pink eyes. He had small pointed teeth and tiny small pointed ears. I deactivated the claws, picked him up and cuddled him. It yapped like a small dog and licked my face with a dark blue minuscule tung.

"Hello, what's your name?" I said gently.

He looked like a tiny tiny, fluffy cat. He rubbed his nose against my arm.

"You don't have a name! I'll call you Sam." He curled into a ball and started to sleep.

Kyle POV

I raced down the stairs to rejoin the others, I was freaking out. I felt really sick. I stopped in the hall, I stared at myself the hall mirror in the mirror. My skin was chalk white and the scar on his jaw stood out. I swallowed, my throat was dry as a bone. I ran my boney hands through my dirty blond hair, I unzipped my leather jacket. I put on a smug and confident expression even if it was an illusion, then strode into the kitchen.

"Kyle! You coming?!" A voice echoed through the house.

"I'm coming! I'm just grabbing some food!" I hollered back, I adjusted my armour and walked calmly into the living room. I flopped onto the couch trying to act like I don't care, I fiddled with a loose string. Freya looked confident. But her hands were trembling. She looked at me and grinned nervously. Liam put his arm around Grace, Gray was completely calm, his eyes were closed and his head was resting against the wall. We were all extremely nervous no matter how calm we acted. Grace cleared her throat.

"Ok." Her voice cracked she took a deep breath and tried again, "We all know what to do." The group nodded in agreement. "Remember, don't split up. If we do, we all have our cell phones right?" We nodded as one. "Then, let's go."

We stood up in silence and ran out the door. I glanced back. I wondered if I'd ever return home.

We ran past restaurants and parks, I couldn't help looking at my friends, my family. I realised that they were ready to die for another, the way they ran with a determination made my heart flutter. I realised that Grey did not expect users to all come out as we had come in, he knows something. I think he knows what we're facing, what could be so horrible that he would tell his family. He believes that we're running into our death. Grace turned off the main road, she swung around a bend revealing a stinking dumpster. A pack of wolfmen were skulking around searching for scraps, we didn't bother to ask. Grace put on a burst of speed and jumped up onto the top of the huge bin and sprung lightly onto the roof she twisted as she was flying through the air, in some kind of aerial. We followed one by one, I jumped and did a backflip as I jumped landing with ease I sprung aside. Liam went last. Jumping up after use. A flash of silver shone from his sock, as he landed on the roof a bubble of quintessence aros as it cut his ankle. I raised a questioning eyebrow at him. But Liam was already dashing across the rooftops after Freya who was up ahead with Grace. I caught them up and ran alongside Freya and Grace.

Suddenly Gray ankle cracked he stumbled and slipped on a piece of moose and slid down the steep roof until he was dangling by his fingertips over a six-story drop. I lunged for his hand trying to save him.