Chapter XV

Jay POV

I woke up to the sound of rushing water, my eyes fluttered open. I was still dangling but this time I was hanging upright, but my feet are completely numb. I bent my neck to see my feet. They were frozen solid in blocks of ice. I looked around, water was flowing through a space in the floor of the glass room. I summoned a blue hot ball of fire. This time my bands restraining me melted into white liquid. I dropped like a stone, free falling I tried to turn around. I hit the surface of the water so hard my arms went numb. Bubbles surrounded my face as I tried to clear my thoughts as I sank through the mark. The bubbles were tickling my nose and brushing my face like feathers. I kicked his legs violently I needed air, I hadn't been able to take a breath. My arms swung in great circles and his head broke the surface. The water kept rising, it was coming dangerously close to the pointed spikes of glass. I gasped in pain, and the glass above my head turned red with blood as I put my hands up to avoid impaling myself in the head. My scream of pain got cut off as water filled his lungs. I coughed and choked, expelling the water. The glass dug into my flesh. I took a final breath of clean beautiful air, then plunged my head back underwater. The glass cut my feet as he sank through a hole in the glass room. I did not dare to look up because the room was now fully submerged in water.

Brianna POV

I tucked Sam into my bag. I was so tired and really hungry! I have no clue what time it is. For some reason, all my electrical devices had stopped working, even my magical devices. The cold made my nose red and my lips had a blueish tint to them, I was shivering. I zipped up my jacket to the very top. The air was so thin, I could breath fine, but my head was killing me. I thought of warm summer air outside. I could hear the ice cracking as the air went from minus 20 to 30°C. Water pooled around my feet making my socks soggy. A loud thump shook the floor, as the girl frozen in ice fell to the floor I ran out of the cave, because of the massive chunks of ice falling from the ceiling. I stumbled out to see the girl, her silver hair shone radiating from the wet floor. She looked up and took a sharp intake of breath. Her eyes were a beautiful black, like bug eyes. Her lips shone blue, the blood was rushing through her body as she breathed heavily, water dripping from her angular, angelic face. I knelt next to her and helped her to her feet. She swept her long silver wet hair away from her face. She looked like a fallen angel. She gazed at me like I was a hero her bottom lip trembled.

"Thank you. You have no idea how strange it is to grow up as an ice sculpture. My name is Alaya. I am a water elemental." Her voice sang like the waves hitting the golden sand. Tears ran in streams down her face, I stretched out my arms. She collapsed into my arms, I held her lick a beautiful, delicate glass doll.

Gray POV

I couldn't feel my arm. I stared down at the bloody mess, my shoulder was torn out of its socket. Rivers of silver quintessence flowed from the tear in his flesh. It exposed my bone, paces of vain stuck out in a horrible pattern.

"I'm so sorry!" Kyle lent over me. His face was pale with worry and a bit green. Grace gestured to Freya for nail scissors, Freya handed them over. Grace got busy at cutting away parts of my veins that stuck out. It felt horrible, I let out a gasp of pain and clenched my fists, crumbling old roof tiles. She began to cleaning and sewing up my ripped skin. Jay stretched out his index finger, it glowed red hot. He placed his finger on the stitched skin and trailed his finger down the broken skin, melted my skin back together. This time I felt no pain since my water powers were fitting the heat keeping me cool. I stretched out a finger and water covered my shoulder as a see-through cast that glittered and shifted. Freya put one hand on the back of my shoulder and with the other, she slammed it back into place. Wons a gain amens pain pulsed through my body, I let out a short gasp of pain. I then stood up, Bree and Jay were still in serious trouble and I was not wasting any more time. I started to run as fast as I could, the wind which was now cool and fresh washed in my ears. I sprinted to the end of the building, looking at the gorging drop I didn't hesitate. I leapt over the edge, turning in mid-air and landed softly on the roof of a lower rooftop. I could hear screams in the water of the sea and the rivers. The current was screaming as if it was yelling at him to hurry up. Freya came to a halt next to him. She plucked off a pile moss from the hair and tossed it disgusted as she said,