Tired Hands

I was just trying to get away. I wanted to leave my family behind and just be alone for a long time. Yet it didn't work out that way. I had accidentally killed my father, and now I was running. The blood was still everywhere, but I just wanted to leave. He made me mad anyways. Mom will know what to do when she gets back home, but for now I need to leave and now.

I had taken the money that was laying around the house, packed some clothes, a few necessary things, and bolted out of there. Sure I should have called the police or something, but I was so scared in that moment. Now I'm out of breath leaning against a pillar in the airport, and plus it was too late anyways. I sighed and slid down the pillar and pulled my knees up to my chest. I rested my chin on them and started to think of where I could go that isn't close to family.

California is the farthest from any family. I started going through the cities and towns that I could go to. "Los Angeles is probably the best." I said out loud to myself. I stood up and took a deep breath before going into the airport. People where busy with getting to the reception and going through the security. I had forgot how busy it is here.

Of course it's Dallas but still. I don't think I could ever get used to it. I got in line and waited for the next open receptionist to help me. My heart started to pound as I was getting more and more nervous. I still couldn't believe what happened or what I was about to do, but honestly I shouldn't stay here any longer. "I can help whoever is next!" yelled the lady behind the desk. I went up and asked for the next flight to Los Angeles. She smiled and pulled up the next flight.

"The next one that is available is to leave tomorrow at 10 in the evening. Is that fine?" She looked up with a smile that scared me.

I just nodded and she printed out the ticket after I gave her a fake name. I had to so no one would know where I am. She handed me the ticket and went to security, which was a breeze thankfully. I sighed in relief as I got to the gate where I'm supposed to be and found an empty seat by the window.

I set my backpack down next to my feet and pull my phone out. I pressed the power button and the screen faded from black to my background. I smiled at the picture as I remember my best friend. I wish he was still here with me so we could start in a new place. I sighed and checked the time.

2:30 a.m.

I pulled my headphones out of my bag and plugged them in. I looked out the window as I started listening to music. I started to think about what I would do when I got to LA. I hadn't really thought too much about it before. I guess I could find a hotel to stay in for about a week or something, and while I'm there I can look for a house or apartment.

I was actually going through with this and I was scared, but it's okay to be scared sometimes, right? I yawned and decided to go to sleep for a bit. Maybe then I can relax, and forget what happened. If not then I can try to block it out some other way.