Oxygen

I ran as fast as I could to Mark's house. I saw it in the distance and I started to sprint. I got to the gate and heard the sirens in the distance. Please don't be coming after me. I looked at the gate and it unlocked. I ran and started banging on the door. Wait the gate is still open! I looked back and it closed and locked. I sighed and heard a dog barking on the other side of the door.

"Chica, it's okay. Go lay down." I heard Mark's muffled voice, and then he unlocked the door and opened it.

I smiled at him, but he had a worried look on his face. "Hi."

"What happened to you?" He helped me inside the house, and brought me into the kitchen. He took off my backpack and set me on the counter. "Crystal, tell me what happened. Please?"

I told him about the crash, and how they were trying to force me to go to the hospital. He nodded his head and went to go get a bath cloth. When he left I relaxed, and then I jumped as I heard a dog bark. I looked toward the sound and saw a Golden Retriever. I bent down, but quickly moved back when I felt a sharp pain.

I lifted up my shirt, and saw a really bad cut. I groaned and got off the counter. The dog came over and started to sniff me. "Hey baby. I'm not going to hurt you." I reached down and it licked my hand. I smiled, and Mark came back with a bath cloth.

"Looks like you made a new friend. Her name is Chica by the way." He wet the cloth and wringed it out some. "Here let me get some blood off of you."

"Blood?" I don't remember there being much blood on me. He put me on the counter again. I winced as I began to start feeling again. I guess the adrenaline is finally wearing out.

"You okay?" He asked as he began to wipe away some of the blood. He looked at me and I felt that feeling again. I nodded and gritted my teeth as my leg started to have sharp pains.

"To be honest, I think I have to take my jeans and shirt off." I laughed and he picked me up carefully.

"Alright. I can take you to the bathroom and you can get washed up." He carried me upstairs and to the bathroom. He set me down on the sink counter, and went back out. "I'll go get your bag so you can have fresh clothes."

"Okay." I sighed and undid my pants. I slowly got off the counter and tried to get them off without hurting myself. I winced as I hit the cut on my leg, but I got them off easily after that. I took off my shirt and my underwear, and got a towel to cover myself. I heard Mark come back up the stairs.

He knocked on the door then came in after I told him it was ok. "Okay the water should be just the right temperature for you, and I'll just. . ." He noticed that I only had a towel on, and he looked like he was frozen. I laughed and he shook his head. "Sorry, um, I'll just, uh, leave you to it then. Oh," He turned back to me, "I'm going to make something to eat. Are chicken and dumplings okay?"

I smiled. "I'm not a picky eater. So yes, I would love some."

He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "Alright. It should be done by the time you get out. Just yell if you need anything."

"Ok." Then he closed the door, and I took the towel off and set it on the sink. "Kinda creepy with all these open windows." I got in the warm water and started to wash the blood off. By the end of it, the water had a red tint to it. I let the water out and I rinsed myself off with cold water.

I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around myself. I sat down on the floor and looked for my pajamas. Shorts and a t-shirt. Yeah those are defiantly pajamas, Vi. I laughed to myself and dried off. I looked at the cuts and bruises on my body. I sighed and looked for some bandages. I found some and wrapped it around my arm, rib cage, and leg. "That should do it."

I then got my clothes on, and looked at my arms where the paramedics were holding me. They were bruised pretty bad. I shook my head and cleaned up the water that was on the floor. I picked the towel up and my bag, then headed downstairs.