Pocket

Violinas POV

We sat on the couch, and played video games until lunch. "I still don't get how you are able to play those horror games." I laughed, and got two plates down for Mark to put the food on.

"I kinda got used to it. You know, being a man and all." He flexed and I rolled my eyes at him. He laughed, and finished what he was making.

I'm going to miss this. The little laughs that we share, and just being able to talk about anything. That first day when we met, we just clicked. It felt like I've known him forever, and he's told me he felt the same way. I wish we could just run, but we can't. I can't.

I looked at Mark, and his back was turned to me. I headed outside to sit on the edge of the pool. I put my legs into the water, and it was freezing. I still don't know how I did that this morning. He just touched me, and I got warm.

It doesn't really make sense. I stood up, and Mark came outside with the food. "Did you figure out why you warmed us both up?" He asked, putting the food on the table. I shook my head no. "That was just weird, and unexpected."

"Yeah." I thought for a moment. "Would soulmates explain it?" I sat down at the table and looked at him.

He shrugged. "I mean if you're saying we are soulmates, then yes. I would believe we are with how we connected like we did." He took a bite out of his sandwich.

I did the same, and thought about it more. That could be the answer to why it happened, but why when we got in the cold water? Why not at some other time? We finished eating, and Mark took the plates back inside. I looked at the water.

"Hey Mark when you get done can you come back out here?" I called. I heard him shout back yes to me, and I got up. I stuck my foot in the water, and stepped down the stairs that were in there. The water was up to my waist, and I started to shake.

"Why are you in the water again?" I didn't say anything, and just reached my hand toward him. He took it, and I stopped shaking. I was warm. "Now I'm burning up." I laughed at him, and got out.

"That's the answer. We are soulmates." I smiled, and Mark beamed with happiness. The smiles were wiped from our faces as we remembered what my mom said. "She'll understand it. At least, I hope she will."

Mark nodded, and we headed inside to watch some movies. I sat curled up next to him, and we started watching The Princess Bride. We said some of the lines in the movie that everybody knows, and laughed at each other.

The sun was just starting to set, when Mark got up and started to drag me out the door. We got in the car and headed toward the city. We went down the streets in downtown LA, and found a restaurant that wasn't too busy.

"Why didn't we just stay at the house to eat?" I asked as we got out of the car. He just smiled, and we went inside. We got a table, and ordered our food. "So why did we come into town exactly?"

He laughed. "Because after this we are going somewhere else." I opened my mouth to say something, but he put his hand over my mouth. "It's a surprise."

I sighed, and he moved his hand away. After a few more minutes of talking we got our food and ate. I was really curious as to where we were going. We finished eating and paid, and we got back in the car. Mark started heading outside of the city, and we turned down a gravel road.

"If I was in a horror movie, I would be thinking that you were going to kill me." We laughed.

"Believe me, I won't kill you." We pulled into a parking lot, and parked the car. Mark got out and opened the back door, getting a blanket and two pillows. I got out and we went on a trail to go to a clearing in the woods. He laid the blanket down, then the pillows.

"So can you tell me why we are up here?" I sat down on the blanket next to Mark. He smiled at me and pointed at the sky. I looked up and my breath got caught in my throat. You could see all the stars from up here. I pointed out some constellations, and Mark laughed at me. I smiled at him. "Thank you for bringing me up here. I really needed this."

I really hope he can convince my mom to let me stay here. I know that she won't listen to me. She never does. If she sees that I'm actually happy, then she has to let me stay. She has to.