Ghosts

Marks POV

I sat down on the couch, and turned on the television. I hope that she's okay. Even though I know the answer is no. She doesn't want to leave, and I don't blame her. Finding your soulmate is rare now a days, and she seems happier than when I first met her.

I flipped through the channels, until I heard something about a mother looking for her daughter. I leaned forward, focusing on it.

A woman who has been searching for her daughter, Violina Hobbes, has finally found her. The mother was helping with the case, when they tracked down a phone that the daughter called her on. It led to Universal Studios Hollywood, and the police immediately sent out a search party there. She was said to be seen with a man, who they did not describe for us, and they ran. After a few months of planning, she called her daughter's cell phone on an unknown number. Her daughter answered the phone, and now they were able to track her down again. They tracked them successfully-

I couldn't listen to it anymore. I turned the TV off, and felt a hand on my back. I looked back to see Vi standing there with tears in her eyes. She walked around to sit next to me, and leaned her head on my shoulder. I wrapped an arm around her, and held her.

"She planned it. Even after I told her I was safe. Why wouldn't she believe me?" She sighed.

I kissed the top of her head. "I don't know. I wish I did." I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost time for her mom to be here. My heart sank, and a tear escaped, sliding down my cheek.

I heard a knock on the door, and I dreaded it. Vi lifted her head, and started to head back up stairs. I heard another knock, and stood up slowly. Unlocking the door, and opening it revealed a woman who looked a lot like Violina.

"Hi. I'm here to get my daughter." She seemed nice, but her voice said otherwise. It was like she was disgusted with this place. She had brunette hair, opposite of Vi, and it was cut in a short bob. She had on a black blazer, black slacks, black heels, and a white blouse. It looked like she just walked out of a business building.

"Please, come in." She practically pushed past me, and immediately started inspecting everything. "Violina is upstairs, and getting her stuff." At that time I heard Vi coming down the stairs, but something was different about her. It scared me.

Her mother turned around, and put on a smile. It was forced. "Oh Violina! I was so worried about you! I thought you were kidnapped." She ran to hug Vi, but something pushed her back. She was pressed up against the wall, and it seemed like she was struggling to breathe.

I looked at Violina, and moved toward her. I was knocked back just like her mother. Shit. "Vi! Stop it now!" Suddenly her mother was coughing on the ground, and I went to help her up.

She shoved me off of her, and glared at me. "How dare you! You taught her to do that! Did you tell her that she should hate me or something?" Vi ran over and kneeled next to me. Her mother rolled her eyes at us, and grabbed Vi. "Say goodbye. You aren't coming back."

"Mark!" Vi tried to break away, but couldn't. It was like her mother was extremely strong. She was thrown into the back of a car, and she couldn't get out. The car started to drive off, and I grabbed my keys and my shoes. I got into my car, slipping on my shoes, and drove after her mother.