Affection

It's been about two months since what happened at Universal. Nothing has happened since then. No one has tried to come after me or called me out, and I can kind of relax. Mark went to his parents for Christmas, which left me alone in his house for a few days.

I sighed and got off the couch, turning the television off. I went to the kitchen to make me something to eat for dinner. I heard Chica waltz in behind me, and I smiled. Mark decided to leave her here with me to keep me company. Which is a great idea. Especially if someone tries to come into the house, and she starts barking.

I got her some food, and poured it into the bowl. I made a grilled cheese with tomato basil soup, and sat at the table. I started to think about what it might be like in Ohio. It's probably snowing there right now. Lucky people. I finished eating and cleaned up. I put the dishes away, and headed upstairs.

I got some shorts and a t-shirt, and headed to go take a shower. I put my clothes on the sink counter, and turned the shower on. I got undressed and got in after the water had warmed up. Mark is supposed to come back tomorrow. I sighed in relief. Maybe I can sleep better then. I got out, and dried off. I got dressed, and brushed my teeth.

I heard Chica start barking, and I went downstairs. I heard a knock on the door, and realized that's what made her bark. I wonder who's here. No one is supposed to come here, and I'm sure Mark made that clear. I had turned the lights off downstairs, and I snuck into the kitchen. I grabbed a knife, and went to open the door.

I opened it slowly, and tried to see who was standing outside. "Can I please come into my house, ma'am?" It was Mark, and I opened the door fully.

"I thought you were supposed to come back tomorrow." I said going to put the knife back.

"So you were going to stab me?" He laughed and went to put his stuff in his room. I went into my room, and saw that Chica was already in the bed. I smiled and laid down next to her. She laid her head on my stomach and I started to pet her. I closed my eyes, and started to drift off to sleep. I heard a knock on my door, and Mark came in.

He went to the other side of the bed and laid down. "Why don't you sleep in your bed?"

"Because I don't want to tonight. I just got back home anyways." He smirked. "Plus I haven't seen you in almost a week."

I laughed at him. "So that's your excuse of sleeping in here tonight?"

"Yes." He turned on his side away from me, and I smiled. God you are one weird person, but it's a good kind of weird. I closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

-----------

The sun woke me up that morning, and I smiled at it. I tried to get up, but couldn't. I looked to see why, and saw that Mark had his arms around me. I laughed silently, and tried to unlatch myself from him.

He let out a low groan. He lifted his head groggily and eased up his grip on me. I moved and he sat up fully, rubbing his eyes in the process. "Sorry if I," he yawned, "was holding you too tight."

I stretched. "You weren't. I just wasn't expecting that." To be honest, I wasn't really expecting him to actually still be in the bed. We went downstairs to get something to eat, and we talked about his family and everything that he did.

"So what did you do while I was gone?" He finished cleaning the dishes, and put them away.

"Well I went to go get some new clothes, and that was about it. Nothing really happened." I ran my fingers through my hair to tame it some.

"So no one tried to catch you or call you out for anything?" He looked concerned.

"Surprisingly, no." That was the truth. Nothing happened while he was gone. There's no telling if something will actually happen in the future or not. I just really hope that everything goes smoothly.