To Build A Home

Marks P.O.V.

I pulled up to the house, and turned the car off. I leaned back in the seat, sighing. I hope that doesn't happen again. I looked over at Vi. Still asleep. I took in her appearance. Blonde hair, freckles, and skin that looked like porcelain. Her eyes were my favorite feature about her, besides her weird personality. They were light blue with green through out. The best way to describe it is maybe looking at a galaxy.

I smiled, and opened the car door making sure to close it gently. I walked around to the other side, and opened the other door. I unbuckled her seatbelt, and gently lifted her out of the car. I heard my front door open, then Matt yelling my name. I quickly looked back, and he stopped.

He walked up to me, and I adjusted Violina in my arms. He smirked, and closed the car door for me. "So? How'd it go?" I started walking toward the front door, trying to ignore him. "Mark, c'mon man. You gotta give the details." I knew he was joking around, but after what just happened, it's just put me in a bad mood.

"Drop it." I pushed the door open with my foot, since Matt forgot to close it fully, and headed upstairs. I heard the door close, and footsteps coming behind me. "Matt seriously." I turned around. "We didn't do anything. All we did was go to Universal, and hung out." I felt a hand grip tightly onto my back, and I looked down. She was still asleep, but her face looked like she was having a nightmare. I sighed.

"I was just joking with you." He sounded hurt. "I'm sorry." He turned around, heading downstairs.

"I should be sorry. It's just that something happened, but I don't want to say anything without her consent." Matt stopped. "When she wakes up, if she wants to tell you, then we will talk about it. Okay?"

"Yeah." He went downstairs where Ryan was, and I heard them start to laugh. I swear, sometimes I don't even know when he's being serious or not.

I went into the room she was staying in, and laid her on the bed. I pulled the covers over her, and went to go out of the room. "Mark?" I turned around, but she was still laying down. "Can you stay up here with me?"

I hesitated, but walked back over to the bed. I knelt beside her, and she opened her eyes to look at me. She sat up, and I got up to sit next to her. She laid her head on my shoulder, and I wrapped my arm around her. "What were you dreaming about?"

"Basically, my mom got me back, and then the police locked me up for murder. Even though I didn't mean to kill him. It's not my fault, I . . ." She broke down, and I pulled her closer to me.

"It's okay. I promise you. I won't let that happen. I'll make sure of it, Violina." She tried to stop crying, and I had an idea. I moved my hand down to her side, and started tickling her. She started laughing, and tried to get me off of her.

"Mark stop!" She gasped for air. "I can't breathe." She laughed harder and I got on the bed fully. She grabbed a pillow and started hitting me with it. I started laughing with her, and I started to ease up. She realized this and grabbed my shoulders and pinned me to the bed. "Ha! Pinned ya."

"Is that from The Lion King?" I laughed, and tried to wiggle free, only to send us both to the floor. We hit the floor with a thud, and Ryan and Matt are probably thinking weird things. I shook my head at the thought. Vi was still on top of me.

"Pinned ya again." She looked proud, and let her guard down. I took my chance and picked her up to throw her onto the bed. She laughed, and I pinned her down.

"Now I pinned you, twerp." She stuck her tongue out, and I melted for the third time since seeing her. The first time was when I saw her sleeping, and then on the plane. The second was the night that I scared her, and now this time.

The sunlight that was left in the sky hit her face just right, making her look like an angel. It felt like I was safe when I was around her. For the first time in forever, I felt genuinely safe. My whole body felt warm and tingly, and I just couldn't help but smile at her. For once, I felt like I wasn't alone anymore, and it felt like home.