Papercut

I was in a cold sweat when I woke up. The pain in my leg and arm were excruciating. I took of my shirt and bit down on it to stop from screaming. I started to shake, and I got an idea. I didn't know if it would actually work, but it was worth a try.

I flicked my hand, and there was a bright fire. I took a deep breath and put it up to my arm first. Tears slid down my cheek as it burned my flesh. I moved my hand away and the wound was healed completely. I smiled and quickly did the same with my leg. There were just scars where the open cuts used to be.

The pain had stopped completely, and I sighed. I took the shirt out of my mouth and laid back on the bed. The cut on my side had healed some, but not all the way. I put my hand on it and the fire warmed the spot. I got under the covers, and watched the sun rise above the trees. It's weird. I felt something with Mark since I met him at the airport, and we acted like we knew each other since we were kids.

Yet we haven't. So what's the big deal. It's even weirder that he just accepts my powers. Come to think of it, he never questioned it at all. Like he's seen something like this before. The question is, if he has seen something like this before, where did he see it? I shook my head clear. I shouldn't really ask him there questions. It's probably better for me to just leave it alone.

I heard the door knob turn slowly to the side and quickly sat up. I put my shirt back on as soon as Mark opened the door. He had his back turned to me, and he had carefully stepped back. He turned around slowly, and kept his head down. He had a little tray with a mug and a plate with some pancakes. I got up, and walked over to him quickly. I grabbed the mug and he jumped a little.

"Sorry." I laughed. "I didn't mean to scare you. I thought saying something would be worse."

He set the tray down at the foot of the bed. "It's okay. You got payback for me scaring you last night." He blushed and turned to leave.

"You know I could have came down stairs and ate." He stopped, and turned towards me. I took a drink of the coffee he had fixed. It tasted really good. "Also this coffee is better than Starbucks."

We laughed. "I'll go get mine and we can sit up here and eat. Also thank you." He went to go get his food, and he came back with a plate of pancakes and a cup of coffee.

"So what are we going today?" I asked and took a bite of my pancakes.

Mark swallowed the bite he had in his mouth. He thought for a moment. "How about we stay in, and watch movies?" He looked at me and smiled.

I stuck my tongue out. "That's so boring though. Plus I have never been here. I'm sure there is something cool to do besides watch a movie." I looked at him and his smile got bigger.

"Well. We can go to the aquarium or we can go to Universal." He took another bite of his food. "Plus I think Halloween Horror Nights is still going on. What's today?" He nodded his head toward my phone. I reached for it and pushed the power button. I looked at the date.

I pushed the power again to shut it off. "It's a day before Halloween. Also I need to call my mom when we get there. That is if we are actually going." I smiled and finished my breakfast.

Mark scoffed. "Well of course we are going. Who do you think I am?"

"Some guy who doesn't know me very well, and needs to be in an anime." I laughed, and he put his plate down and stood up. He started making weird noises that just made me laugh harder.

"Alright you got me there, but in all seriousness," He started to fake march, "we are going to Universal."

I shook my head. "We need to get dressed then." I gathered the dishes up, and Mark took them from me.

"You can get dressed. I need to clean these first." He walked out the door. "Don't forget to bring a bag to store stuff in just in case," he called to me.

I smiled and looked through my bag. He didn't even notice that the bandages were gone. At least not yet. I got out my blue flannel shirt, and some shorts. I really need to go get some pants. I got dressed, and looked in the mirror. The shirt was still really big on me, but at least it was warm.

I put my hair up in a ponytail, and got some socks and my shoes. I went downstairs and put them on as I waited for Mark.