Mono no Aware

Marks POV

Her eyes were filled with wonder, and it warmed my heart. I laughed at her when she kept pointing out constellations. To be honest, I loved space and everything in it, but probably not as much as her. It made me jealous of how well she knew where all of these constellations were.

I laid back and looked at the sky. I wish that I could go and see them all up close. If they were letting people go into space for fun, I would be first in line. I laughed internally at the thought. Sighing, I thought about what I was going to say to Vi's mom.

I mean what would you say? Hey your daughter and I became really good friends, and she's the happiest that she's been. We met three months ago, and we are dating which makes us the happiest to have ever been. Yeah, right. I would get slapped across the face, and get called a creep.

The wind blew over me, making me shiver. I just wanted to break down, and lock myself away. What if I never see her again? Her saying that we are soulmates really changed everything. We are meant to be together not torn apart.

I saw Vi get up and go get something. She came back with a few sticks and rocks floating next to her. I sat up to see what she was doing. I realized that she was building a fire pit, and I moved next to her.

Fire was in her hand after she finished with the pit, and lit it. I heard her sniffle and looked at her. She had dried tear lines going down her face. She realized I was looking at her, and she smiled. "Why were you crying?"

Violinas POV

Having to leave, fear of losing you, and not being able to see you again. "Just happy that you did this. For taking me up here to see the stars, I mean." He already knows why I was crying. I can see it on his face.

I sighed, looking down. "Okay. To be honest, I'm scared." He put his arm around me and we instantly grew warmer. My vision became blurry. "I haven't been this happy since Phil came into my life, and actually talked to me. I. . I was happy that even looked my way, and decided to talk to me. Then when every thing happened, I went back to how I was. Did my mom realize this? No."

Tears were streaming down my face by this point, but I kept going. "She never noticed me anyways. It seemed like she didn't see when I was happy or sad or anything. My dad noticed, but he didn't do anything." I sniffled. "Then you came into my life, and I felt like I was safe. Like I could do anything." I looked up at Mark. He had tears coming down his face, too. "For a second time in my life, I felt like I was wanted."

Mark moved his hands to cup my face. He looked me in the eyes, and smiled. "You are wanted, and you are loved. Even if it is not family, just know that there is someone out there that cares for you. That someone, is right here." Tears escaped from my eyes, and into his hands.

My heart felt like it stopped, and that time was standing still. It felt like everything went silent, and was watching us. Waiting for something. Anything. I smiled, and Mark leaned forward connecting our lips. It felt like I was floating, and that nothing was going to happen. In that moment, I felt on top of the world.

Mark pulled back and I opened my eyes. He looked down, but quickly looked back up, holding onto me for dear life. I looked down to see why, and I saw that we were floating. I laughed, and we went back to the ground. Mark stopped holding me so tightly. "So you can float now?"

I shrugged, and floated up some. "I guess so." I sat back down on the ground.

"Well, it's getting really late. Should we go back home?" He said home instead of 'my house.' This was just even more proof that I needed to stay here with Mark. I smiled, and nodded. We packed up everything, and headed back home.