Glass

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I opened my eyes. The bright lights hit my eyes and I shielded them from it. I looked at the gate and saw people were lining up. I stood up and put my backpack on, stretching in the progress. I looked to see who woke me up, and smiled brightly at them. They seemed nice.

"Thank you for waking me up." I rubbed the back of my neck and I stuck my hand out. "I'm," fake name Vi, "Crystal."

"Well hi Crystal." They took my hand in theirs. "I'm Mark."

I smiled and really took in their appearance. Black and red hair. Stubble, but just the right amount. His smile was really warm and inviting, but his eyes are really what caught me off guard. They were a mocha color and they seemed to have a lot of light behind them, yet also something else. I couldn't figure out what though. At least not yet.

I shivered and remembered I left my jacket at home. I sighed, Can't go back and get it now. Mom is already there, found dad, and called the police. Mark shoved a jacket into my face, and I looked up at him in question.

"You can wear it until we get off the flight." He smiled again and let out a chuckle.

I hesitated, but reached out  for it. "Thank you. Just remind me to give it back to you."

He gave me a thumbs up that reminded me of an anime character. "Will do." I laughed at him and put the jacket on carefully. I didn't want to mess it up, especially since I'm not keeping it. "Can I see your ticket?"

I nodded and got it out of my bag. I looked at it to see what seat I got. A6, a window seat. I internally jumped in excitement. I handed Mark the ticket and he smiled to himself. He handed it back to me and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Looks like we are sitting next to each other. You got lucky with the window seat though." He pouted, which just made him look like an overgrown child. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled.

"You can have it if you want. I can still see out the window when I'm in the middle so I'll be fine."

He started laughing. "I'm just messing with you. Besides, you seem more excited to be by the window than I am."

"Well I never really fly, and I like to look out the window. It helps with my anxiety." I laughed awkwardly. "I just don't like being in tight spaces for very long. Especially if I know that I can't get out quickly."

He rested his hand on my shoulder and squeezed. "I understand where you're coming from." He started to pull me towards the line. "C'mon we have a flight to get on, friendo."

I laughed and felt a pang of sadness in my heart. He reminded me of my best friend. The only one who would talk to me, or even look my way. I shook my head and came back to reality. We got up to where they check your tickets and I handed mine to the lady.

"Have a nice flight, you two." She winked and I started laughing at her. I mouthed not together to her and she mouthed back sorry. I smiled at her and walked to the plane with Mark.