Chapter 2~ Bittersweet Memories

Okay so this chapter will be pretty lame and short but oh well. You get to know a little about how Mar'i feels about what's going on in her life. (I know, cheesy)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mar'i's P.O.V~

I obeyed my dad's orders and went home. I was tired and hungry. I missed my mom, a lot. She was recently killed on Tamaran. Me and my father were told that it was the Gordanians and that there was nothing left of the planet.

I decided that I didn't need anything to eat and went straight to my room. It was quite small, but what do you expect, our apartment was small. It was quite bland to be honest. It had 2 bedrooms two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room.

I went to my bed and flopped down. I looked at my ceiling, then over to my wall. I had recently hung up some picture frames. I sat up and looked at them.

One was a picture of me and my best friend, Lian Harper. I smiled, she was always there for me. Her dad is a hero, and her mom... well she was quite good with weapons. We could talk to each other about literally everything. She told me about her parents always fighting and I told her about my mom being on another planet. I haven't seen her in a while due to her living in Star City. I haven't had the chance to tell her the tragic news of my mother's death but chances are she already knows.

I look at the next photo. It's a picture of me and my mom's mutant pet, Silky(Silky, Silkie, idk how to spell sorry). He passed away 2 years ago.

And then, I looked at the last picture. It was a picture of me when I was about 1 or 2 and it was in black and white. It had me, my mom, and my dad in it. My dad had my pacifier in his mouth with his eyes closed. I had my arm stretched out toward it. I'm not sure if I had put it in his mouth or if I was trying to take it out but I still looked pretty cute. Then there was my mother. She was looking right at the camera with a smile. She looked so beautiful. (the picture at the top of the story)

I realized I had a tear streaming down my face. I wiped it away and just sighed, walking over to my backpack to pull out some homework I forgot to do previously.

My dad didn't really pay much attention to me after we found out my mom had passed. He wakes up, leaves to who knows where, and comes back home. He locks himself in his room when he's here. I had learned to make my own meals which wasn't really too bad but still. I'll sometimes clean the house, but he doesn't notice. He finally agreed to take me on patrol, but he makes me leave after an hour or two.

My thoughts were disturbed when I heard the front door open. I stiffened. My dad wasn't supposed to be back for a good 2 hours, so it couldn't be him. I crawled to a corner in my room and hushed myself.

I heard footsteps come towards my door. I saw the doorknob start to turn. I tried to shove myself deeper into the corner, although I couldn't.

The door opened revealing my dad. "Dad, is that you?", I asked, with a weak voice. "Yes Starshine", he replied. A smile slowly crept on face, just to vanish when I heard his next sentence. "Mar'i pack your things, you're going to be staying somewhere else for a long while"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahh cliffhanger! Actually I think I told you guys where she goes in the description of my story. Oh well. 2 Chapters in one day, fight me, lol. Don't be a ghost reader, comment some ideas you have and I'll try to make them happen! I'm going to try a new thing called Question Time.
ʕʔ Question Time ʕʔ
What is a character you wish for me to add in the story?
Until next chapter,
Bu-bye!~ Amber