Chapter 18~ Gowns and Bow Ties

Hello Loves! Happy Late Thanksgiving and Early Christmas! I won't be able to update much (not like I ever do) due to 3 hour rehearsals after school everyday.

Just wanted to mention, on one of my most recent tags, I was in a bad mood when I made it so that's why I sounded so emo, lol.

So there was a Legacy Ball for the freshman at my school, and you had to be invited to get in, and literally EVERYBODY I knew got invited except me. I'm going to go cry now, bye.

Ahhhhh!!!!! We've got 1.99k reads!!!!!!! Thank you guys soooo much!!!!

Here is chapter 18 you guys
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Third Person~

It has been a few weeks since Mar'i had left Wayne Manor. She was glad to be back with her dad, but she missed the manor and everyone that lived there.

Mar'i was sitting on her bed, texting Lian, when her dad asked her to come to the living room.

"Yes Dad?" Mar'i asked as she approached her father in the living room.

"Hey Starshine, you remember Barbara, right?" Dick nervously asked his daughter as she sat next to him on the couch.

"Yea, she's the woman that you've had over here nearly every day for the past few weeks" Mar'i replied with a confused face.

"Oh right, well umm, what do you think of her?" Dick awkwardly asked his daughter.

"Dad, what's this about?" Mar'i questioned.

"Starshine, I want her to be my girlfriend, but I'll only ask her out if you like her and you're okay with it" Dick answered as he looked at Mar'i, waiting for a response.

"If she makes you happy, then I'm more than fine with you asking her to be your girlfriend" Mar'i lied.

"Thanks Starshine, it really means a lot to me that you're okay with this" Dick thanked her as he embraced her and walked into the kitchen.

~Mar'i's P.O.V~

I felt bad lying to my dad, but I don't want him to be alone because of me and my opinion. I have nothing against Barbara, is just hard for me to picture anybody "replacing" my mom, but if she makes my dad happy and he feels like they're meant to be together, than I'm... I'll get used to it.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I asked as I answered my phone.

"Hello Mar'i" the person on the other end responded. I smiled as I realized who it was.

"What can I help you with Damian?" I asked as I secretly prayed that he wanted to hang out today.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me tonight at one of father's galas" He offered as I internally screamed.

"YES... I mean... yea, that's cool" I totally saved it.

"Great, I'll let father know... it starts at 6, but you can come early if you'd like" He added before hanging up.

"Yes!!!!!!" I squealed as I plopped down on my bed.

"Starshine, is everything okay?" My dad asked as he walked into my room with a concerned face.

"Everything is better than okay" I responded with a goofy smile.