Chapter 19~ Gowns and Bow Ties pt 2

Hello!

I really really really am sorry for updating this so frikin late, and I know sorry doesn't cut it, I've just been having a really rough time, but it's getting better.

Suaixjkalsbdowhapwvdkveosbao!!!!!! We've got 2.59k reads you guys!!!!! Omg I love you all so much!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Here is Chapter 19 for ya!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Third Person~

Mar'i and Damian were both in the garden, just sitting there and catching up.

"So how is it being reunited with your father?" Damian asked Mar'i.

"Honestly, I enjoy it, but I like it better here" Mar'i replied in full honesty.

"Hmm, interesting. Is there a specific reason why?" Damian asked with a smirk.

"Yes actually, I'll give you a clue, he's stubborn and loves animals" Mar'i replied with a flushed face.

"Hmm, I have no clue who that could be" Damian replied sarcastically. Mar'i just giggled.

"Hey Mar'i, you know I was thinking, we've both known each other for quite a while and I mean, we've had our first kiss together and well I guess what I'm asking is..." Damian started.

"Damian, Mar'i, come in, it's starting!" Jason yelled from who knows where.

"Todd ruins everything" Damian muttered to himself.

"You can tell me later, okay?" Mar'i suggested while grabbing Damian's hand and walking back inside with him.

"There you two are, I was wondering if you two were..." Jason started but was shut up by Tim who covered his mouth.

"It's great to see you Mar'i, you look lovely" Tim complimented her.

"Thank you Tim, you don't look bad yourself " Mar'i thanked with a smile.

"I did not miss you at all you little shit" Tim growled as he looked at Damian.

"The feeling is mutual" Damian replied as he glared at Tim.

"Well I missed seeing both of you guys, now could we please enjoy ourselves while we're all here together?" Mar'i interrupted their little glaring competition.

"-tt-"

"Whatever"

"Yay, were all getting along, great!" Mar'i fake cheered.

"May I have your attention please?" Bruce asked as he tapped a spoon against his wine glass. The room silenced almost immediately.

"I would like to thank all of you for coming to this event..." Bruce started to talk about the charity and how it was important and all, but Damian didn't really pay attention, he just kept looking over at Mar'i.

Mar'i noticed this and just blushed and looked away. She looked back over and still saw him staring.

"What?" She mouthed.

"Nothing" Damian mouthed back.

Mar'i just turned back around and continued to listen to what Bruce was saying. Damian then also looked away, his face flushed a faint red.

She saw me looking at her... what if she thinks I'm a creep? What if she starts get weirded out by me? Okay I just need to calm myself, what if she's looking at me? Lemme just look... Crap she saw me...

Damian's mind was starting to eat him alive, and this didn't go unnoticed by Mar'i.

"Damian, are you okay, you look a little... umm...ill" Mar'i asked as she put her hand on Damian's forehead.

"And your forehead is like boiling oh my gosh, do you need to step out for a moment?" Mar'i asked him, genuinely concerned for his wellbeing.

"I don't wish to leave you alone, and besides, I'm fine" Damian whispered back with a flushed face.

"Well, I think I'm just going to step out while your dad gives his speech" Mar'i told Damian as she stoop up and silently exited. Damian stayed in his seat. He didn't want to just follow Mar'i around and seem like a creep.

Mar'i stood outside, alone in the garden. I thought Damian would follow...

Mar'i sighed as she started to turn back around, ready to head inside again.

"Where do you think you're going?" An eerie voice spat from behind.

Mar'i gasped. She knew that voice, a voice that had haunted her a few years ago. A voice that made her blood run cold and chills run down her spine.

She swiftly turned around, holding up a starbolt while doing so.

"You!" She angrily spat out...

Before she could fire the starbolt at the figure, she was struck upside the head by something, causing her to fall unconscious...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah... I know it sucked and it's short. I just don't know if there is even anything else to write about with this story. Maybe it's just a major writers block, but I don't know. I started reading other fanfictions and realized how sucky mine is.

Anyway, I'm trying to add a conflict to the story.

Xoxo 😘- amburrito