Chapter Nineteen

I'm so happy that people are actually reading this, and thank you all for being so supportive of me! I was considering quitting after the first few chapters, but y'all were nice and gave me a chance so thank you so much! :)

Bucky had never been so shocked.

Natasha. . . Killed herself?

She couldn't have.

Not his Natasha.

Not his strong, beautiful, brave Natalia.

Whether he believed it or not, tears began to prick at his eyes.

Bucky refused to believe it.

But he still feared that it was true.

He feared that he would go home to Steve, and not only would he face getting rejected by him, but he wouldn't even have one of his best friends to comfort him.

Natalia couldn't be dead.

A hurricane of confusing emotions flooded over him.

The tears continued to leak at Scout peaked his nose up from underneath the bench and nuzzled Bucky's metal hand.

Bucky put his head in his hands, not knowing what to think or do anymore.

He seriously had no plan.

It was just go back to Steve and pray that he won't hate you.

Bucky remembered Sharon. Had Steve proposed to her yet?

He wasn't sure he could go back and have not have Natasha or Steve.

He squinted his eyes shut in frustration, trying to muster up his courage so that he would be able to get on the bus that would soon be arriving.

He would go back there.

He would convince himself that he wasn't in love with Steve, and maybe the two could restore their friendship.

Sighing, he thought about the days when it was simple, and Steve was just his friend.

Not Captain America, or a hero, or a man who had the pressure of saving the world in his shoulders.

Just his tiny, sickly Steve.

But if Bucky was honest with himself, he always thought of Steve as more than just a skinny kid, even before the serum.

Even when he would drag the punk out of fights with boys twice his age and size, he would mentally praise Steve for being so brave, and would admire his courage.

There were words that Bucky could never say to his friend then, since it was unacceptable.

Now, the whole world knew what a good man Steve is, and Bucky is the only one who wishes it was otherwise.

They didn't know what a good man he was even when he was five feet tall, and constantly sick.

Bucky's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the bus pulling up outside the Gas Station.

He stood up, Scout trailing behind him, and made his way to the vehicle.

He was going back to his Steve.

If anyone didn't want Scout on the bus, they didn't say so. The dog trailed right behind Bucky up the stairs into the bus.

Bucky handed the driver his ticket, and took a seat in the back. Scout laid down underneath the seat.

The man then realized Just how fast his heart was beating.

A premonition began to tear at him.