There's Still Hope

Saruman and Gríma were busy conversing at the top of the tower of Orthanc. "If the wall is breached, Helm's Deep will fall." Saruman told Gríma.

"Even if it is breached, it would take a number beyond reckoning - thousands - to storm the keep." Gríma reminded the wizard.

"Tens of thousands." stated Saruman.

Saruman opened up the balcony doors. Gríma looked down and was in pure shock. There was a gargantuan army of Uruk Hai. They bashed at their shields and raised their weapons in the air and let out fierce and horrible war cries.

Saruman began to speak to the Uruks

Saruman began to speak to the Uruks. "A new victory is rising. It's power is at hand. This night, the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan! March to Helm's Deep! Leave none alive!"

 This night, the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan! March to Helm's Deep! Leave none alive!"

The Uruk warriors hollered and cheered. "To war!" cried Saruman. "There will be no dawn for men."

Merry and Pippin and I saw a shadow in the east

Merry and Pippin and I saw a shadow in the east. Pippin pointed at a tall, black tower. We were moving past Isengard.

"Look! There's smoke to the south!" he warned.

"There is always smoke rising up from Isengard these days." replied Treebeard, who was marching slowly.

"Isengard?" inquired Merry. I sat quietly, gazing back at the tower in awe.

"There was a time, when Saruman would walk in my woods" said Treebeard. "But now, he has a mind of metal and wheels. He no longer cares for growing things."

"I think he was the one who sent all of those orcs after us. After me."I uttered. I looked over at Merry and Pippin with a sad and gloomy face.

"Are you alright, Brianna?" asked Merry, in a concerned tone of voice.

"I'm...I'm fine, Merry." I snivelled. "I'm fine."

Pippin climbed up Treebeard's branches and spotted an Uruk army in the distance.

"What's that?" Pippin asked, curiously.

"It's Saruman's army. The war has started." replied Merry.

I grew anxious. "Treebeard, can we stop?"

"Of course, little one." Treebeard halted and lifted me off of his branch and set me down on the ground.

Merry and Pippin joined me. I collapsed my hands over my face. Merry placed a hand on my shoulder, comfortingly.

"I don't know if I can do this, Merry." I whimpered.

"What's wrong?" asked Pippin.

"don't want to be here anymore." I told him.

I dragged my feet and headed towards a small oak tree. I sat down and started to weep.

"I can't do this." I sorrowed.

Merry told Pippin to stay put and he made his way towards me.

"It's going to be alright." Merry reassured, in a soft tone. "I'm right here if you need me."

"I wish that Frodo never left me." I told him. "I wish that none of this ever happened. I just want it to stop. How can I find hope in a world full of darkness and despair? I'm so small and so weak. I won't make it."

Merry sat down and enclosed his arm around me. "Yes, you will. I believe in you. We can't give up now. Look how far we've got."

I let out several high pitched gasps. "But...why...can't...we...." I hyperventilated.

Merry pulled me in close. "Shhh. Shhh. I know. I know."

I felt Merry's soft, warm lips brush up against mine. "I believe in you. It's not over."

I snivelled again. "You're right, Merry. The war has begun, but it's not over."

"That's right, Brianna. It's not over. There's still hope."

"There's still hope." I repeated. "There's still hope."