Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Morning mum." I smiled as I sat down beside her on our sofa with a bowl of oats with banana, apples and milk on it.

"Morning hun'. Amy still sleeping?" She asked looking away from the TV. My mum had brown eyes and brown hair like my sister and I. Even though she was dying her hair now. You could see she had lived, she was getting older and these last few months had taken its tool on her. But you could still see that she was very beautiful when she was young and still is.

"Yeah I think so. She was when I left the room ten minutes ago." We did have a spare bedroom I could sleep in. But my sister and I always slept together whenever I came for a sleepover. Even when we were younger we would from time to time have movie nights and sleep together up in, now her room.

"That's good. She needs some rest. What are your plans for the weekend? You're not going to take her anywhere she can't handle to go are you?" She asked worried. I knew that she was worried about Amy. Hell we all were. But she was a bit too much. She never really let her do anything.

"We're going to do a lot of different kind of stuff. But I wanted to talk with you. What did the doctor say when you saw him? Anything changed?" I wanted to ask her yesterday, but we never seemed to be alone. I was afraid what had caused this change in Amy, if the doctor had given her bad news or something.

"No not really. She said that she is doing well considering everything, and that she had a lot of colour in her cheeks for someone with AML. Nothing specific had changed since last time, but that she was hoping for the best. Why?" My mum asked with all her focus now on me instead of on the TV. Amy got diagnosed with AML, acute myeloid leukaemia, for now almost four months ago, AML is an aggressive blood cancer. She started chemotherapy right away, in hope that it wasn't too late. It was a horrible thing to see. Still is. She started vomiting and didn't feel like eating anything. In the end she started loosing her hair as well as a lot of weight.

In the beginning she cried a lot. She cried when she found out that she had cancer, and an aggressive one of them. The first few days she cried every time she threw up, and when she started loosing her hair. It was hell sitting by her side, not being able to do anything. But then one day, she had cut all her hair off, put a scarf around her head and stopped crying. It was like something switched in her. She didn't talk about the cancer any more, it was like it wasn't there. She wasn't going to die, she was just going to ignore the fact that she had cancer and get over it. I didn't know if looking at it like that was a bad or a god thing. But it made it a lot easier for us close to her, as selfish as that was. But that was also why I was nervous about her bucket list. Doing a thing like that, thinking about death, was not really like her, and I was afraid that she was giving up hope.

"Oh nothing really mum. Some of the things we're going to do today just got me thinking. It's nothing really." I mumble keeping the part about London eye out. I was defiantly not telling her about that. She eyed me suspiciously but let it go.

"So have you made any sales lately?" My mum asked changing the subject. I knew she didn't mean anything with it. But she always asked if I had sold any houses or flats, since I talked with her last time, and it was starting to really get on my nerves.

"No mum not since Tuesday. I have had a lot of viewings since last time though. How was that movie you and dad saw last weekend?" I asked her trying to talk about something else.

"Oh it was amazing. You should go watch it. It would be a really good movie for a date." My mum pointed out somehow turning our conversation back to me.

"Mum how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested in dating right now?" I asked frustrated,  letting out a sigh.

"Nonsense. I know the break up with Austin was hard. But you need to get out there again. I know a few from my work, who have some handsome single sons if it is. Or you could go out and see if you meet someone. I can even come and drive you home in the night if you need me to do that?" She suggested. She always urged me to get a new boyfriend.