Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"It sounds like you had a good weekend." Julie said with a bright smile. "So when are you going to do the rest of the list? You still need to do a bit of the list don't you?"

"Yeah. Next weekend I guess. I need to make it possible for her to do all of the stuff on the list, so it may take some time." I said running my fingers through my hair.

"And cost a lot of money. A concert and a trip in a limo. That isn't cheap." Julie added taking a sip of her tea. "I'm sure she doesn't expect you to do all that. Just the stuff you guys can do." She pointed out.

"I know. But I want to do this for her." I insisted.

"Okay." Julie said with a small smile. "So what are your plans for the concert and the limo?"

"I don't know with the limo. I have to save for that I guess. And I wrote to the Undoing. But I doubt I'll hear back from them. So we'll just have to wait for the next time they're playing in town." I shrugged. There wasn't really anything I could do.

"I guess. But don't lose hope completely. Keep on looking on the internet." She said and took another sip of tea before she put her now empty cup down. She pulled one leg up in front of her and put one arm around it. "So, to change the subject. Was the random guy a good kisser?" Julie asked smirking.

I couldn't help but smile at her question. "Yeah he was good." I bit my lip thinking about the kiss. "And I know you well enough to know that you won't call him back. Even though, from the look on your face, he was a pretty amazing kisser. Just give me a reason why not? Because a year ago you would already have been on your first date by now. If you haven't dated Austin at that time." She asked looking at me with kind of pitiful eyes.

"You know I don't have time for it." I mumbled defending myself.

"Because you have to look after your sister? Because you need to do well on the job? You need to do something good for yourself. You have to please yourself, not just your mother." Julie argued and let out a sigh.

"I do it for myself you know. I want to spend as much time as I can with my sister. And of course I use a lot of time on work. It's my job, I need to." I protested. I knew I used to go out and party a lot more a few years ago. But the thing is, I just didn't have the time for it any more. Neither do I really feel like partying.

"Fine." Julie let out frustrated. "I know when I have lost and should give up. Doesn't mean I have changed my mind though, I still think you should give him a call. But instead I can tell you about my second date I haveon Thursday." Julie laughed biting her lip.

"Oh, so it went that well huh?" I grinned and raised my eyebrows, happy for the change of subject.

"Yeah. He didn't seem like he was crazy, or a murder. He had good table manners and seemed genuinely sweet. So I suggested a second date. Which remind me. You need to help me figure out what to wear before you leave." She made a grimace looking towards her room.

"Yeah sure. Tell me about this guy. What did you learn about him on this date?" I asked before I grabbed my cup and pulled both of my legs up. Prepared to hear what she had to say.

It was Thursday evening and I was sitting in my bed with my computer in my lap. I had a tray with biscuits, cheese and grapes beside me. Ready to watch an episode of 'Switched at birth'. 
I didn't get much further than 2 minutes into my episode before I was interrupted. "What's up Jules?" I answered the phone with.

"I'm nervous." She blurted out as soon as she heard I answered the phone. "I know I shouldn't be, but I can't help it. What if it's a mistake to meet up again? Maybe it was meant to just be a one-time thing? What if he doesn't like me?" She blabbered on. Obviously she was overthinking it.