One • Square in the Jaw✔️

Past Memories
Song: Bonfire- Felix Jaehn

Chapter One

Rae

I swung the key loop around my finger, desperate to see my new car. It was one of those warm, sunny days, where the sun shone on the morning dew. My shorts and Marvel top really lightened my tomboy side. Hey, by the way, I'm Rae Roseanna Lewis, your typical skirt-hating, skateboard-loving tomboy. Whatever you do, just don't ask about the middle name - I blame my mother! I have thick, blonde hair that frizzes when it's wet and light, almost silver, coloured eyes, which is really strange to me. I am a werewolf. Yeah, I know. 'They don't exist.' 'That's not real!' Well it's true. I am in the Moonlit Howlers Pack, the Top Warrior and Beta's daughter. In a month's time, it's my birthday, and my parents have gotten me an early present as they aren't going to be here for the next seven weeks - a whole summer.

It's the birthday that matters; the day I could potentially meet my mate. The day I could be leaving home because of him. To be honest, I didn't want a mate. My wolf, Raven, obviously wouldn't agree, but I did. All they'd do is hold me down and not let me have any freedom - they are all possessive. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the lovey-dovey, kissy touchy thing - not at all, I cringe thinking of it.

My hand indistinctively went to my wrist where lay two bracelets that I never took off as we stepped closer, "And here you go!" My Dad cheered, pushing me towards the garage. It was plain and simple, with a few technical items on metal shelves. But there was only one thing that caught my attention in the dull room. Gasping, I slid my hand across the red metallic paintwork of the £137, 500 Audi R8, my heart racing. The windows were blackouts and two racing stripes slide down the middle of the car.

"T-This is mine?" I choked, unable to believe my parents had bought me this.

"Of course."

"Where the hell did you get the money?" I laughed, sliding in front of the wheel, leaning into the chair. The fabric was smooth against my skin, making the journey's more enjoyable.

"That doesn't matter. Go to school before your late!" my mother smiled, leaning against my father, not giving me a chance to believe it.

"But, why an Audi? They are really expensive, Mom!" I sighed, I couldn't accept this.

"Because we feel bad about not being able to be there for your birthday Rose, and we want to make it up to you. Plus, you've always wanted one since you could drive!" That was true...

"But-"

"Nope! Besides, your uncle chipped in." my Dad cut me off, chuckling slightly as my mother punched his chest. My uncle was a werewolf as well, but to the humans he was a well known artist, plus a multi-millionaire.