She's Human

Tomboy of the Pack

Chapter Fifteen

Rae's POV

"If there was twins who met another pair of twins, do you think their babies would look the same?"

I frown at the question from Josh. Lacey, Leo, Jace, Mason, Josh and I were in the 19's cafe, deciding on what time we should be picked up at before we go to the club tonight. It was eleven in the morning, and we had all afternoon to be ready. I'm not a big fan of clubs but we've agreed on going to a Pack club, one of ours.

"What?" Lacey scrunched her nose up at Josh.

"I mean, if a couple had twin boys and then another couple had twin girls, if they meet and have kids, do you think their kids would look the same?" he clarified.

"What the fuck goes on in your mind?" A very bored Mason asked beside me. He held a can of Coke in his hand, the other arm keeping his head up as he stared at Josh with a raised eyebrow.

"Isn't that basically incest?" Leo asked.

"How?" I frowned.

"Because if on of the couple got married, that would mean that they'd be brother and sister-in-laws." Leo answered. I shrugged.

"Now I'm worried about what goes on in your mind." Mason rolled his eyes.

"You don't want to know what goes on in my mind." Jace grinned.

"That's just gross." Lacey muttered.

"I think about Oreo's. What on Earth did you think I thought about!" Jace's eyes widened innocently as he looked at Lacey who blushed slightly.

"She thought you were thinking about sex." Mason muttered.

"Well done, genius." I rolled my eyes at him before looking at my brother. His eyebrows knitted in confusion as he stared at something on his phone. Admiration and love glazed over his eyes as he continued to stare, flicking through some photos. I quickly leaned over the table, snatching his iPhone from his grasp.

"HEY!" he snapped, trying to get it back. Pushing him, I looked on the phone to see him on Facebook looking at a mixed-raced skin coloured girl with dark brown hair and chocolate eyes. She wore black rimmed glasses and was hugging a pile of books to her chest. I stared back at my brother, looking to see the desperation and sadness on his face.

I immediately saw it. It's exactly the way Jayni and Benji looked when I got them to meet each other. "Is she your mate?" I asked.

Everyone at the table looked at Leo, their eyes wanting to know it. Leo sighed in defeat. "Yes..." he mumbled but sadness continued to flow through his eyes. I took a closer look at the photo before I realised and my eyes widened.

"She's human."

"What?" Mason asked. I showed him the photo before continuing.

"She's Willow Black, the new girl in our Maths and Science. She's human."

"And she's your mate?" Mason asked Leo, handing him his phone. Leo nodded in defeat, sighing to himself.

"I just don't know what to do. Do I ask her out? When do I tell her about...us?" Leo mumbled, looking back at the photo with love.

"I don't know her as a person," Lacey said, "But I do know that she's not the one to judge."

I grinned, an idea popping into my mind. Getting out my phone, I typed her name into Facebook, adding her as a friend. After a few minutes, a notification popped up.