11. In The Spirit

I was in the spirit and I found myself present on the day of the Lord and I heard behind me a voice like that of a trumpet blast. (Rev 1:10, Weymouth's New Testament)

This statement from our seer is a very important key in understanding the book of Revelation. He was in the spirit (a soul in the spirit's ears and eyes) and travelled to the future, on the Lord's day itself, the thousand bright years. And there, he heard and saw all the Lord's revelations about the events during that Day, before and after it.

One of the things he was told during the Lord's day is this:

"The beast you saw was here once, now it is not here,, and will come out soon up from the bottomless pit (Or, Abyss) going into his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names were not written in the book of life before the foundation of the world will be astonished when they will see this beast, because he once was, now is not, and is to come. (Revelation 17:8)

The beast is colored scarlet or red, representing that he is full of sins and stained by the blood of the innocent, has seven heads and ten horns, and he once carried the unfaithful city on his back, but during the Lord's day he is imprisoned in the Abyss.
Hence, it is also being announce that his city or his kingdom (for the beast who is a look-a-like of the red dragon is his city or kingdom) is now fallen and the loud voice from heaven is now calling for his people to come out so that they will no longer share her sins and punishments.
The good news about God's fair judgment, calls and warnings are also being proclaimed by the angels, and so many other good things.

The day of the Lord is also the times for the first four trumpet calls and warnings to sound. At the end of this day of mercy and salvation, the fifth trumpet is to be sounded and the Abyss will be opened and the Destroyer and his army will darken the days again by torturing the people of the world for 5 months. This will cause them to hate the plants of God because they will be excluded from this torture or plague and they, the people of the world, will think of them, the plants of God, as of the devil. His four generals will be released from their prison in the River Euphrates at the sixth trumpet to mount a 200 million troop and to hunt and kill the third of mankind, the plants of God. (Zechariah 13:8-9) These four angels are the four princes or horns who were scattering God's people in the past and they are the ones who were behind the four animalistic kingdoms. Read chapter 9 of Revelation.

John was told (and so are we if we are really one with him) to prophesy again to many peoples, kings, languages, and nations.