12. The Two Witnesses

The Lord said, "And I will give power to my two witnesses (that is, after the 42 month trampling down of the holy city by the pagans) and they will prophesy for 1,260 days clothed in sackcloth."

This is a symbol of an inner transformation, a sign of humbleness before God.

"These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have powers to turn waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plauges as often as they want."  (Revelation 11)

Lampstands or candlesticks stand for churches. (Rev 1:20). Olive trees stand for anointed ones. (Zechariah 4) They are the two anointed ones and the two churches who were called out from the Jews and from the Gentiles in the first century AD to serve under the one body or church of the firstborn represented by the golden lamp stand. By the power of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, their own heads were cut off and Christ became their new head. They will testify during the thousand years of Christ which is a time of a great spiritual drought. The word of truth that is coming from their mouths will be a devouring fire against their enemies but it will enlighten and will clean their people, their chosen bodies in these latter days. Like priests, they are offering now their people to be burned, to be purified and tested in the fire of truth. And they are striking the whole earth with every kind of calamities as often as they want. They will turn the spirit or water of the worldly people to taste like a bitter blood. Many people are now thirsty because their spirits cannot quench their dry throat. Many trees are withering because they are not planted by the living river. This is a season of summer and time for harvest.

After these thousand years of great summer, Satan and his loyal army will be released from prison and he will attack these two holy people to break their power by killing the third of mankind, their chosen people or bodies here on earth. For three and a half days (perhaps three and a half years), the people of the world will merry over their dead bodies scattered everywhere. But they will be resurrected after that and in instant, the seventh and last trump will sound.

At the last trumpet, the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of God and of his Christ and they will reign forever and ever.
The nations are angry because the pouring of God's final seven wraths has come, and the time for the dead to be judged, a time to reward all God's servants, and the time has finally come for the destructuion finale for all destroyers.

Notice that chapter 11 is the end and the beginning of eternity. But like Daniel's visions that are repeated in new forms of visions to clarify or to reveal new information about the previous visions, the visions of John are also like that. He was given more visions to give more insights and understanding about his first visions. New visions to expand the first visions or to explain more on it.

And always remember that he heard and saw all these revelations on the Lord's Day or Hour because he was in the spirit. His eyes and ears and feelings was in the spirit during the thousand bright years of God's justifiable day of judgment.