XVII - Henna, Bangles and Bhangras.

"Mehendi laga ke rakhna, Doli Sajaa ke rakhna. Lene tujhe o Gori, ayen ge Tere sajna."

[Put your Henna on and keep the wedding Palanquin decorated. To take you away, O girl, your beloved is about to come.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 17 |••

Playlist: Nachde Ne Sare - Baar Baar Dekho.
Ballay Ballay - Bin Roye.

Eleana:

I was getting ready for the Haldi and Dholki function.

[Haldi function is a function where women gather and apply the turmeric paste on the bride's face and other body parts. It is thought to make her glow and even more beautiful. In Dholki function, men and women gather and beat the drum along with traditional wedding songs and medleys.]

I decided to keep it traditional so I wore a yellow dress with strings at the back with the blouse that was nearly above my stomach. The lehenga [A skirt like cloth with huge flare.] was adorned with different colourful laces and it was pretty much accurate for a Dholki Function. I wore yellow and pink bangles on my wrists.
I straightened my hair and let them fall down freely. Then I applied some make up, a little eyeliner, mascara, blush and foundation. A little lip colour and nail paints and I was done.
After a while, all of the girls went down to see the decorations. The decorations were kept simple for today. There was a stage set for bride and groom in the middle of the hall. Orange and yellow coloured silk drapes were hanging from the ceiling. There was a beautiful chandelier in the middle of the hall. The stage was decorated with orange and yellow coloured drapes and marigolds hanging down in strings.  There were colourful  cushions present on the stage. And some beautifully decorated pitchers along with the flowers.