XLVII - Together through the tough times

"Tujhi mein dhoondu, kuch der jeene ka, aasra
Tujhi se poonchu, khud se hi milne ka, raasta
Mujhe teri panahein milein
Rehne ko teri baahein milein
Jaana hai kahan, tere siwa."

[In you only I find, shelter, to live for some time
To you only I ask, the path, to meet myself,
I should get your refuge,
I should get your arms to live in,
Where do I have to go, except to you.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 47 |••

Eleana:

The rest of our gang joined us in an hour while Aryan was going through some research work on his laptop and simultaneously going through my reports. He had his eye glasses on. My friends already came to know about his decision. Right now, every single person that was important in my life was in Aryan's room as he was immersed in his work, oblivious of everything. Mom, Dad, Aena Aunty, Sahir Uncle, Varun, Shraddha, Naina, Kabir, Ashar, Khirad, Alia, Karthik, Ricky, Geet, Maya, Obi, Annie and Aryan. After everybody left and Varun and Shraddha, being the doctors, stayed there. Aryan turned his revolving chair to face us. He removed his glasses and spoke.

"As much as I have studied your case, this is the most complicated case I have ever seen or read about. I cannot say anything about the size of tumour nor can I say anything about the type of treatment that I am going to adopt. I have only found out that your tumour is between Grade II and Grade III. It stops growing sometimes completely but then recurs and damages the nearby tissues. The first thing that we have to do is the Radiation Therapy to stop its growth and then I would be able to study which type of treatment would be suitable. Your tumor is sometimes benign and sometimes starts to act as a malignant tumour. However, luckily the metastasis is not occurring and that is one positive sign. These reports are totally different from one another and so I have to start from scratch. Are you with me?" He completed.

Varun and Shraddha looked at the reports and agreed with him. We all were medical professionals so we knew the risk and chances of such cases. Nevertheless, I was ready to give up on anything for Aryan. I nodded. Aryan made some calls to his hospital and booked an entire top floor of neurology department for my treatment. Nowadays, his sole focus was my case. Varun and Shraddha would accompany him in the surgery part if I lived long enough but right now he would be working with his professional team. My Mom and Dad were more than ready to start this process as soon as possible. Mom packed all my necessities and clothes in a bag and Dad packed his and mom's stuff. Soon enough, we were in Aryan's car, driving to his hospital with Varun and Shraddha following us in their car behind us. The huge iron gates of the hospital building welcomed us. I looked around the hospital that could possibly be the last place I would see before closing my eyes. The hospital was grand and of international standard. The guard at the gate saluted Aryan and let us in by opening the gates. I looked around the hospital. As we drove through the road, I saw many children with their parents and many poor people sitting in the lush green garden that was present on either sides of the road. The car drove to the parking place near the neurology and oncology department. I stepped out and breathed in the fresh air. The atmosphere was cheerful at this time of the day. There were hopeful faces all around. The building was huge and made up of red bricks. It was kind of old for modern architecture but this was one of the most important, famous and oldest hospitals in the country and trustworthy too. Aryan handed his car key to the guard and led us inside through the sliding glass doors. He talked with the receptionist for a while before grabbing a key and a slip from her. He handed the key and slip to my mom and told her that the key was for a bedroom for them and the slip was the allowance to visit the patient, that would be me, anytime they wanted. We went towards the elevator. Aryan pressed the button to the 7th floor that was the topmost floor. He was met with a team of doctors who he had already called earlier on his phone. He talked with them about something and pointed towards me. The doctors smiled at me and nodded. He looked very professional right now and I was very proud of him. He reached his goal, his aim and was amazingly successful. Aryan, then led us towards another room that was cleaned up nicely. It had white interface overall. There was a single bed in the centre and a three seater couch at a side. There was a water purifier and a microwave oven at one side and a LED screen right in front of the bed. There was a night stand on the side of the bed and a heater on the other side. The bed had an IV stand at the side with an empty bottle that was hanging upside down. He told us to settle in that room as this would be my room. Dad left to place the bags in their own room which Aryan had got for them. Varun, Shraddha and Mom were with me. After about an hour, Aryan was back in the room. He called the receptionist and asked her to send his coffee along with some extra mugs today. Within 5 minutes, a kitchen boy was standing at our door. He greeted Aryan like he had known him for years.