XLI - With you, is magic only.

"Maine to dheere se, neendon ke dhaage se.
Baandha hai khwaab ko tere.
Main na jahaan chahoon, na aasmaan chaahoon
aaja hisse mein tu mere."

[I have slowly, with the thread of sleeps,
tied your dream (so that I dream of you always)
I don't want the world, nor the skies,
I just want you to be mine.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 41 |••

Eleana:

We dressed Naina up for her big day. She wore a plain red blouse and a heavily embroidered red coloured lehenga under that. It was paired with a heavily embroidered red coloured net dupatta [scarf]. The stylist set it around her shoulders in such a way that it covered her front and back. The makeup artist did her makeup and the hairstylist set her hair in a bun with two strands of her hair dangling around her face. She wore her jewellery. It was a very beautiful combination. She wore her earrings and the stylist set her bindi in her hair. After a while, her mother arrived in the room with a red coloured velvet box in her hands. She opened it and showed Naina the gold necklace that she had kept safe for her. It was really really beautiful and had a very antique design but still it managed to outshine her artificial jewellery. Kabir's mom also entered the room and gave her the bangles.

"Naina beta, these are the bangles that my mother in law had given to me and told me to give them to my daughter in law. So here you go, you are the rightful owner now." She smiled lovingly at Naina. Naina was very lucky that she got such understanding and loving in laws. She made her wear the bangles and left the room but not before complimenting her.

"I am so lucky to have such a beautiful daughter in law. Kabir didn't disappoint me this time at least."

Naina's mom sat on the bed side for a while as the stylist set the veil on her head. She was all teary seeing her daughter all dolled up for her big day. Of course no mother wants to send her daughter away from her. They go through so much pain before giving birth yet they very bravely pass those 9 months and develop a bond with their child even before they are born. Then, they go through everything together. They wake up at night and makes sure their child sleeps well. They sacrifice their own needs just so their child can get everything. They take care of him or her. Then they witness their lovely moments. Their first step, their first laugh, their first smile, their first word, when they call them "Mom", their lovely and adorable giggles, their rants, their whines, when they can't stop talking. They become their best friends. They share everything with them and then one day, they are suddenly all grown up and ready to go away to now spread their charm into someone else's home. They scatter their love, their charm, their happiness in another house and strengthen the bond between the members. Of course it's very difficult to let go but eventually one has to bow down before the laws of nature. Nobody can fight with them or even resist them.

"You grew up pretty fast." She commented while wiping her tears.

"Ma!" Naina's voice croaked.

"Shush!" She hugged and shushed her, rubbing her hand on her back soothingly. "Your make up will be ruined."

"I think I don't need to advise you or something because you're sensible yourself. I am sure you'll give no reason to anyone to complain about. Promise me, you'll take care of them like your own parents?" She asked and Naina nodded with teary eyes. Her dad also came in the room and hugged Naina. All of us left the room to give the family some privacy. I went to my room.