XLIV - The games of fate.

"Mera Rom rom khali ae.
Mere saray khwab jaali ne.
Mere kol a, Dil nu samjha.
Tu Mera nahi."

[I have nothing inside me.
All my dreams are fake.
Come to me and make my heart
Understand that you're not mine.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 44 |••

Playlist: Behti Hawa - 3 Idiots.

The car skidded and lost the balance. It crashed into the heavily loaded truck and the bonnet crumpled into a hundred tiny pieces which produced a loud sound due to the metal crashing against metal. The windscreen shattered as an immediate consequence and the pieces of glass pierced through the skin of the person sitting on the driving seat. The crash lasted for about thirty seconds making the car swirl and spin but it created a huge impact due to the over speeding. The driver didn't even get the time to notice what was happening with him so that he could react and open the air bags. He didn't get the time to use his reflexes properly. He didn't even get the time to feel any pain. The moment the car crashed into the truck, he closed his eyes as if he was anticipating this moment and was preparing to face this. Loud and screeching noises of car crash, glass shattering and the metal bumping into each other were heard. Horrified by the accident, the truck driver came out quickly as the people gathered around the victimised car to see what had happened.

"You... killed him!" One of the person standing there accused the truck driver.

"No, I didn't do anything. He was coming the wrong way." The driver defended himself, almost choking.

As they kept on arguing, a person stepped forward and opened the door to the driving seat. As soon as the door opened, the upper body of the person sitting in the car fell limply on that man like a corpse. He stumbled back but regained his balance. He checked for the victim's pulse by placing his finger on the side of his throat.

"He's alive. Call the ambulance." He shouted at the people who were just staring at the horrible sight. The man, in his mid twenties probably, as he had guessed, was all covered in blood. His face was a mess with multiple scratches and difficult to figure out. The blood was oozing out from his forehead and the piece of glass pierced just beside his lower lip was presenting a dreadful sight. But he had a continuous small smile playing on his face as if he were in peace. Gulping the bile in his throat, the man pulled out the piece of glass from below his lip and the blood started to spill in every direction, just like a fountain of water. He took out a handkerchief from his pocket and applied some pressure over the cut to stop the bleeding. In the meanwhile, the sirens of the ambulance were heard. Soon enough, the blue and red flickering lights could be made out in the foggy night. The ambulance stopped right beside the car which didn't look like a car anymore. Rather, it looked like a heap of trash metal. One of the men helped the hospital boy to put him on the stretcher and take him inside the ambulance. The man went with him as the ambulance raced towards the hospital. He checked his clothes for any information regarding his identity. He found his wallet and cellphone. He took out his wallet and checked the identity card.

Dr. Aryan Khan.

One of the best neuro surgeons in the country. He thought.

Under the name, was nothing else but a phone number and his qualification and the name of the hospital where he worked. He checked his phone and very fortunately it was not locked. He opened his contact and dialled the last of the recent contact. A man picked up from the other end.