XXIII - Goodbye Maldives.

"We push and pull like
A magnet do.
But my heart is
Falling too."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 23 |••

Eleana:

We were thinking that how would this one month pass at the time of leaving home but here we were standing at the airport for our flight back home. This one month had passed in a blur. I had lived my entire life in this one month. I was not going back alone. I was taking a wealth of memories, laughter, feelings, emotions and tears with me. Most importantly I was taking back my Aryan with me. This month away from home and with my friends who meant the world to me was the best of my life. These memories won't ever come back. We were all standing at the airport, bidding goodbye to two of our very very dear friends Ashar and Khirad. They might go miles away from us but the bond that we shared was something so precious that we would always remain connected no matter what.

Friends are lifelines. You can't imagine your life without these idiots. They make you laugh, they make you cry, they tease you endlessly, they make fun of you but they are always there for you. True friends are hard to find but once we find them then we don't want to let them go. But that is not how life goes. Everybody has to go one day whether he likes it or not. Friends are the ones who teach you to live life, who care for you like parents, tease you like siblings, love you like your lovers and then one day, they go away, leaving behind everything.

The same was the situation today. Ashar and Khirad were off to their honeymoon in Italy after which they would settle in Dubai. I was standing there, silent and emotional. The problem with me was that I got attached too quickly and then it was hard to believe that they were gone. Aryan was beside me. He was also silent. In fact our whole group was silent but we were happy for our friends. The boarding announcement was made. Ashar and Khirad hugged each one of us and bid goodbye. Our flight was three hours later but we had already packed everything and we were here at the airport. We sat in the cafe for sometime until the announcement was made. Then we boarded our plane and settled on our seats. Everybody was kind of gloomy for leaving. The group would never be the same again. Aryan was sitting beside me. He was also very silent from the morning.

"Aryan?" I spoke

"Hmm?" He answered removing his head phones.

I smiled at him and shook my head. I grabbed his arm and rested my head on his shoulder. He smiled back and kissed the crown of my head. He intertwined his hand with mine and placed feathery kisses on my knuckles.

"You won't leave me na?" I asked him in a mere whisper.

"Nope." He replied in a monotonous tone. And I believed him. So easily, just like that. Aryan and Eleana were meant to be together. They were meant to be best friends. They were meant to fall for each other. They were meant to be together but for how long? Nobody knew the answers and nobody even wanted to know them. We were living in the moment and that was what mattered the most.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked as he sensed my change of mood. I just nodded. He switched on the screen and played A Walk to Remember. Our favourite one!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

The plane landed at the airport and we went out to be greeted by our parents.

"Oh Elly baby! How are you? I missed you so much!" Mom said engulfing me into a hug.

"Aru!" His mom said and he quickly engulfed her in a bear hug. "I missed you so much, Mom!"