XXIV - Life isn't all about happiness.

"I don't wanna live forever.
Cause, I know I'll be living
In vain."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 24 |••

Eleana:

The vacations were coming to an end. Only the weekend was left and today was Thursday. From Monday, we'd be back to college for our Junior year. Kabir and Naina would be the seniors now. Whereas Obi, Maya, Alia and Ricky would be Sophomores. New year, new people but our bond would remain the same.

I was busy in procrastination when suddenly my cell phone beeped with a text message.

Crashing at your place in 5 minutes. Got some new video games.

I had just woken up and I was still laying on my bed in my tank top and shorts, scrolling through my daily feed when I got his message. I didn't like to wake up early during vacations and my darling mom was kind enough to let me sleep otherwise she was always ready with her slippers to get me out of the bed. I guess staying away for one month had its perks too. It was around 1 pm in the noon and I was still in my bed.

I mentally clapped for the patience level of my mom because I was too lazy to clap physically.

The door to my room opened with a thud revealing Aryan in his three fourth shorts and a tightly fitted t-shirt. He was wearing his flip flops and didn't even bother to comb his hair. I doubted if he had even brushed. He was holding about a dozen of X-box DVDs in his hand.

So I was not the only one who woke up late.

"Get up, Lazy Ass." He yelled in my ear purposely as I pulled the comforter over my head upon his arrival.

"Get out of my room!" I screamed back. "Do you have any respect for someone's privacy?"

"What privacy? You're my Girlfriend." He enlightened me as if it was nothing.

"Teri Biwi to nae hun!" [But, I am not your wife.] I fumed at him.

"Wo bhi ban jana! Itni b kya jaldi hai?" [You can become my wife as well. Why so much hurry?] He smirked while putting the DVD inside the X-box. He took the controller with him and crashed beside me on the bed. While the game was loading, he pulled me towards him. The daily good morning kiss. An advantage and disadvantage of being neighbours and best friends. He could crash at my place anytime he liked. Today, I was feeling very sleep and lethargic so I just slouched beside him, placing my head on his shoulder. He continued to play, moving left and right with the car as if he was driving it himself. I smacked his shoulder.

"Stop moving!" I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Nope. Get up." He popped out his tongue.

After 15 minutes of my nap beside him, I finally got up and freshened up. Mom didn't offer me breakfast because according to her it was going to be lunch time soon. Aryan was now sitting actually slouching on the bean bag in front of my bed. I landed on the blue one placed beside it and grabbed the second controller. We started the race and I got the lead. We were in the second last lap. Aryan was trying his level best to distract me from the game. He was smacking my legs or arms or just kicking me every now and then, just to make me lose the control. Finally we both finished together and it ended in a draw. We hi-fived each other. Mom entered with some french fries and cold drinks.

"Aunty, your daughter is so naive. She hasn't learnt anything extra in these vacations, let alone studying." Aryan joked and I slapped his arm.

"Agreed Beta! [Son] She doesn't listen to me. She has no interest in these household tasks. Who will marry her?" Mom joined in.