XXVI - Farewell.

"When you try your best,
But you can't succeed.
When you get what you want,
But not what you need.
When you feel so tired,
But can't fall asleep."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 26 |••

Playlist: Saathi Re - Kapoor and Sons.

Eleana:

So here I was, outside Aryan's bedroom, thinking whether to knock or not. It had been two days since he had been skipping school. I had hurt him a lot. I had not seen him for two days let alone any call or message. Finally, gathering all the courage, I knocked on his door and he didn't reply. I turned the knob with a screeching sound and peeped in. The room was empty. I heard the shower turned on from the washroom so I sat on one of the bean bags, waiting for him to come out. As I was flipping through the pages of the sports magazine, the door opened and Aryan came into view wearing his tightly fitted t-shirt and sweat pants. He was wearing flip flops and his hair were a mess. The towel was still hanging around his shoulder as he dried his hair with its corner. I cleared my throat to get his attention and his eyes became wide seeing me there.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned, putting his dirty clothes in the laundry basket.

"Umm. I came to see you and tell you something." I replied nervously, fidgeting with my fingers and playing with the only ring that I never forgot to wear. It was very dear to me.

"Yeah. I am fine. I was having a little fever that's why didn't come to school. You tell?" He answered nonchalantly, while going towards the night stand to pick up his cell phone.

"Oh, okay!" I shrugged not knowing what else to say. The silence was killing me. It was unbelievable for me that Aryan and I were in the same room but we had nothing to talk about. It made me realise that how much I had affected our bond. Nevertheless, I started again.

"So, we are moving to US."
I said.

"Yeah. I overheard Dad telling this to Mom." He replied, scrolling through his phone and tapping on the keyboard.

So it didn't matter to him at all?
It didn't affect him as much as it affected me? How could he be so careless, so easy on this?

"And you don't care at all?" I asked, my voice rising along with my temper.

"Don't tell me to care about something when I don't even know the reason." He got up throwing his phone on the bed. His voice was dangerously low.

"What the hell? It won't matter to you if I live here or not? If I live or die? And what about our relationship?" I asked as the tears prickled my eyelids.

"Eleana!" He sighed.

He spoke my full name. He was mad at me beyond explanation.

"You matter to me more than anyone else. I had even married you already in my head. But then, you ruined everything. You ruined not only our relationship but also our friendship. God Damn It! Do you know how much it hurt me?" He yelled at me.

I closed my eyes, slowly processing his words. He was saying the truth. The bitter truth and the harsh reality of my life.

"Why would you do that?" He asked, falling on his bed and holding his head in his hands.

"I can't tell you Aryan. I can't." I answered and ran out. Tears were falling down but I didn't care.

Why my fate had to be this much cruel?