Chapter 13

1 Months Later

Emma had returned to school a few weeks before and everyone was actual so lovely and caring to her, she was so overwhelmed but happy to make some new friends. Killian was finally fully held and was going back to school. Radcliffe pulled the car up, going to hold the door for him. "Have a great day Master Killian." He said with a little bow, Killian smiled before headed into school.

"Killian!" Emma said running into his arms jumping up and wrapping her legs around his waist. They hadn't seen each other in a few days as Killian had been at the hospital having everything cheeked over to make sure he was fine, which made Emma missed him like crazy. "Hey Swan," Killian said with a laugh, Emma loved how he called her Swan now. He placed her gently back on the ground, linking arms and walking to their first class of the day.

"Well look who's back." Mr. Blake 'Sam' said as they entered giving Killian a hug. Of course, all the girl in class tired talking to Killian, saying how they missed him. Emma gripped his arms tighter as if to say he's mine, not that he really was but maybe that's what she wanted. Him to be hers and only hers. Killian couldn't help but laugh at her jealousy.

They took their seats with Snow, Ruby and also Killian's friend Jefferson. Emma really didn't pay any attention to Mr. Blake as she stared off into space thinking of everything that had happened in such a short time. In only a few short months so much changed. They had been fighting the court battle for the past few weeks to get Emma free of Jackie. Lily was actually going to become her legal guardian till she turned 18.

Emma and Lily had also become really close, it was nice for Lily to have another girl around and loved spoiling her. The final court hearing was tomorrow so both Emma and Killian were going to take the day off. When the school day was finally over, Radcliffe came to pick Killian and Emma up. When the car stops Emma looked out the window noticing they weren't home but at the local gardens.

Killian got out, Emma following. "Killian? What are we doing?" He replied with a smirk, grabbing her hand and guiding her into the gardens. Until they reach a beautiful area that overlooked the sea where a picnic rug and food was laid out. "What is all of this?" Emma asked, Killian smile helping her to sit down. "Just wanted to do something nice for you." He said.

Emma knew Killian was so sweet and she loved that about him, but she wished this was a date. Maybe it was and she just didn't know it. They had shared a kiss, so obviously there was something between the pair. Emma took a deep breath 'Fuck it just ask him' She thought. "Killian" He looked at her with his perfect blue eyes, nodding for her to continue "Is this a date?" She shyly asks looking down.

Killian moved closer, lightly lifting her chin making her look him directly in the eyes "Do you want it to be?" he said very seriously, Emma's cheek flush a pinkie red as she slightly nods her head. Killian waists no time connecting their lips. Feeling sparks once again, just as the first time. "I want to take things slow," Emma said as their lips parted, Killian nods understanding.

They spend the rest of the afternoon cuddled up feeding each other food and stealing kisses. "Sorry to interrupt Master Killian, but Madam Lily would like you home before sundown," Radcliffe said. They nod, getting up and heading to the car while Radcliffe cleared the picnic. Once home they left each other's side and heading to their rooms. Lily had gone all out with Emma's room, it was nearly 3 times the size of her room at Jackie's and had a queen bed, Lily had also gone a little crazy buying Emma so many new clothes. She could probably go a whole year and not have to wear the same thing twice.

She changed into some comfy clothes and headed down the stairs to the lounge room, "Oh sorry!" she said diverting her eyes from Liam and Lily in a heated kiss. It was still very fucked up seeing mother and son together. But a lot of things in Emma's life were. She was happy it was her that walked in on them and not Killian. They pulled apart and Lily headed off to the dining room.

Emma sat down, soon being joined by Killian. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her into his lap placing a soft kiss on her lips. "So? When did this happen?" Liam asked turning on the TV. "Today, if you must know," Killian said with a smile. They sat watching the TV till dinner was ready. As they took their seats Lily whispered to Killian "She like it?" Referring to their afternoon, Killian nods and laced his and Emma's fingers together.

Dinner was lovely just like every other night "So you ready for tomorrow?" Lily asked Emma while they waited for dessert to be severed. "I'll just be happy to legally be Emma Swan again," She said, "Well maybe one day you will be a Jones" Killian whispered in her ear, she giggled "Emma Jones, I like the sound of that."

It was finally time for bed as Emma let out a yawn. "Walk you to bed?" Killian kindly asks, she nods. Standing out front of her door they kiss and say goodnight. As Emma drifts off to sleep, she had a massive smile on her face. Finally, things were looking up, but in the back of her mind was the voice "You'll never get your happy ending."