Chapter 5: Herobrine's Gem

Ty

Twilight flipped through the pages of the book. It looked kind of like a Minecraft Wiki on paper. There were pages on mobs, blocks, all minecraft.
I envied how easily she could hold the book steady. Before when I had tried to use magic to hold the book, I was thrilled when I did it. But then it started hitting Adam, and I couldn't get it to stop.
...okay, fine. I admit that I had made the book slap Adam the first time, but not hard. After that it kept hitting him and I couldn't stop it...
It was pretty funny, though.
"Hey!" Quentin called out. Twilight stopped flipping pages. "Here's a page on command blocks. Maybe there'll be something here, since you use command blocks to teleport people to places?"
Mitch looked over Twilight's shoulder and scanned the page.
"Nah, it's all about just teleporting in a map. Nothing about different dimensions or any of that stuff."
"Maybe portals?" Jerome asked.
"Biggums, there was no portal there. We just pressed a button," Mitch explained. "Hey, it's worth a shot," Ian said. "I don't know where else we would look, and this book looks like it's our only hope."
Twilight flipped the pages until she came to the portals section, all the way at the back of the book. We read the Nether Portal section. Nothing.
We read the Ender Portal section. Nothing.
"Son of a butt!" Quentin muttered. "Where else should we look? Buttons?" Twilight was about to flip the page when I noticed that there was one last page behind the ender portal page. "Wait!" I said. "There's another page at the back." "It's probably just the glossary or something," Adam said, but Twilight flipped to the back anyway.
We all gasped.
The page was dedicated to a different kid of portal, one we had never seen before. The picture of the portal looked like just a black hole, which was weird because things aren't round in minecraft.
"Trans-Dimensional Portal," Jason read out loud. "This portal is nothing but a myth to minecraftians, but reality to the dark forces of Herobrine."
He hesitated at the name. Herobrine was a myth, right? I guess if this portal is real, than he is, too.
Jason read on, "Herobrine created these portals to send his enemies to any dimension he pleases as a quick and easy way to get rid of them. The portal can be used with redstone, making it ideal for traps. For example, if one were to step on a pressure plate connected by redstone to a portal, they would be sent through the portal."
"The creator decides where the portal goes to. However, Herobrine creates a quest for one who is sent to the portal, to toy with his victims. The portal back home to Minecraftia can be found with The Gem of Herobrine, a stone that appears with one of the portal travelers when they cross through their dimensions. If they make it out alive, Herobrine recognizes them as strong, and usually forces them into working for him."
"That HAS to be what happened to us," Jerome interrupted. Everyone else nodded in agreement.
"How do we get this Gem of Herobrine?" I asked.
"It says that when you travel through this portal, it appears in te other dimension with one of the people who had traveled," Twilight said.
"How is this Gem supposed to help us, anyway?" Mitch asked.
Twilight shrugged. "I guess we'll just know when we find it," she said.
"Alright, so if you have the Gem of Herobrine raise your ha...hoof!" Jerome called out.
Everyone stared at him.
"Though that would've worked," Jerome said, faking a pouty face.
"Um, maybe whoever had it dropped it or left it where We woke up?" I asked
Several ponies nodded in agreement, but Twilight shook her head. "It says the Gem will always stay with its holder. It woukd be impossible to loose it."
Fluttershy brightened. "Maybe we could ask Rarity? She's an expert on gems."
Twilight fluttered her wings in excitement. "Great idea!" she praised Fluttershy. "Come on, everypony, let's go and see Rarity!"
Everypony? I thought. Really?
We followed Twilight and Fluttershy outside to this 'Rarity' pony's house.
As we walked through the town, we saw little houses with brightly colored ponies walking about.
Some looked up and stared at is curiously, mostly at the fluffy Jerome pony or the mudkip-like Quentin pony.
We came to a stop by a large, fancy-looking building.
"Here's Rarity's house," Twilight declared. She raised a hoof to knock, but was intereupted by a hissing behind us. We turned around just as something ran at us and leaped at Jerome's face.