Chapter 13: Rainbow Jumpscare

(Omg! Thanks so much for 400 reads! ;w;)

Rainbow Dash

I walked down the dark tunnel with everyone. The strange wooshing sound grew louder and louder. It sounded as though a giant pony was taking a deep breath.
My wings ached slightly from constantly flying up and down, attacking mobs the way Jason had.
I had to say, he was a pretty decent flier, compared to Mitch, at least.
The tunnel continued to grow darker, until Twilight and Rarity lit up their horns to provide some light. Ian even managed to have his horn glow faintly, too.
"I think Ty's lost it a little after he hit his head," Adam said to Jason. I looked over at them next to me interestedly.
"Uh, why?" Jason asked.
"He was telling me something about how he beat up pineapples before."
I snorted. Those bad guys we fought were ALOT worse that pineapples.
Jason chuckled.
"Jason?" Adam asked him sternly.
"I told Ty that the skeletons were called pineapples, and he believed me," Jason admitted.
Adam and I burst out laughing.
"Jason! You're corrupting him!" Adam said between laughs.
"Adam! Rainbow! Shh!" Rarity hissed at us.
We stopped.
"Hear that?" Quentin asked.
The whooshing noise was much louder now, but over that I heard another noise that almost made me shiver-almost. (Rainbow Dash isn't afraid of anything!)
I could hear footsteps coming from farther down the cavern, and judging by their expressions, everyone else could, too.
"The portal's nearby," Fluttershy murmured.
"And something's down there with it," Ian added.
For a moment, no one moved. We really didn't want to fight again especially not in the dark.
"We have to go down there," Jason said. "It's the only way to get to the portal." Mitch looked down the dark tunnel with wide eyes. "What if we're ambushed or something?"
Twilight suddenly gasped. "I have an idea!" she turned to me. "Rainbow, you're the best flier. If I cast an invisibility spell on you, could you fly farther down and see what's down there?" she asked.
I looked down the black tunnel in front of us. "Hm...Okay. I'll try, if I can see anything..." I said.
"Great! Now hold still..." she lowered her head and pointed her horn at me. I braced myself, but I only felt a tickling sensation as a burst of pink light shot from her horn at me, illuminating the whole cave.
I looked down at my hooves and saw that there was nothing there. I was invisible!
"Did it work?" Jerome asked curiously. Everyone was staring in the direction I was in, but no one looked directly at me. It felt weird.
"Yep! I'm still here," I said.
"Try not to be too long," Twilight ordered. "The spell will only last for a couple minutes."
I nodded, then remembered she couldn't see me. "Okay," I said, and flew up as high as I could in the cave.
The tunnel became darker, but my eyes adjusted and I could just make out the walls of the tunnel.
Soon, I saw a faint light up ahead. I followed it eagerly, and found myself in a tall cavern. In the center was a large, flat black hole standing upright. The whooshing noise was as loud as ever in here. That must be the portal.
Below I saw where the footsteps were coming from.
Three strange ponies were circling the portal as if guarding it. They looked like the skeletons we had fought before, but their bones were a darker gray, they were larger, and they carried gray swords in their teeth.
A single torch hung on one wall, providing the pale light I had seen before.
I took another second to take in the surroundings, then flew back into the tunnel I had came from. I flew until I eventually caught up with the group, in the same place I had left them.
I looked down at my hooves and saw I was still invisible.
I had to prank them.
Grinning to myself, I landed silently into the center of the loose circle everypony was gathered in.
"Shouldn't she be back by now?" Fluttershy asked anxiously.
"Yeah, she's been gone for, like, five minutes now," Adam said.
I looked around. This felt so weird! It would probably look awesome when the potion wore off, and I suddenly appeared in the center of the circle like a ghost or something.
"Oh god, she better not try to give us a jumpscare," Jerome said.
I turned and faced him until my face was inches from his. I put on a big, creepy smile and spread my wings.
●※●

Jerome (YEP.)

"Oh god, she better not try to give us a jumpscare," I said out loud.
I looked around the dark cave, lit up only by the light of the unicorn's horns. Everyone looked impatient or anxious, and I didn't blame them.
Suddenly, Rainbow Dash appeared out of thing air inches from my face.
"AAAAAH!!!" Everyone screamed, and I leapt backward and landed on my back with a thud.
Rainbow Dash fell to the floor laughing.
Some ponies, like Pinkie and Mitch, had started laughing along (Mitch probably at me,) while others like Twilight looked annoyed. Fluttershy was barely visible hiding behind Rarity.
"Rainbow!" Twilight sighed exasperatedly.
The cyan pegasus stood up. "Haha...sorry, Twilight, I couldn't resist!" she giggled. She looked over to where I was standing up and shaking myself. "You okay, Jerome?" she asked. I nodded. "Ohhh, god..." I said. "Worst jumpscare ever..."
I tried to act mad, but I couldn't keep a smile off my face. If I had been in Rainbow's place, I probably would have done the same thing, to be honest.
"Anyway, did you see anything down there?" Twilight asked Rainbow. She didn't look as annoyed anymore, thankfully.
Rainbow explained a cavern with a portal in the middle, surrounded by three creatures that sounded similar to a minecraft mob I really didn't want to fight today...
"Those sound like Wither Skeleton ponies," Quentin said.
"Alright, so, are they dangerous?" Rainbow asked.
"Basically, they're like skeletons but they have swords, and if you get hit by their sword you get this weird curse-sorta thing called Wither. It doesn't kill you on its own," Mitch explained.
"Oh, what fun," Rarity sighed sarcastically.
"There's only three, so we'd just have to avoid their swords, right?" Rainbow said thoughtfully.
"Maybe Jason, Rainbow and Fluttershy could try that fancy attack they were doing before?" I added. "That would make it harder for the wither skeletons to hit them with their swords."
"Good idea," Twilight said. "I'll try it too."
Mitch frowned. "I wanna help!" He said. He pulled off the bandages on his wings. "My wings are fine. See? they were just cut up a little, but I can still fly!"
I knew Mitch too well, and I knew he was going to help them wether they liked it or not.
Twilight must have realized this, too. "Okay, you can help too," she added.
"Then let's go!" Rainbow Dash said, and flew up.
"What about us?" I called.
"You can follow us down to the cavern, but make sure the withers don't see you," Twilight ordered. I nodded, and everyone eagerly headed towards the portal cavern.