Chapter 10: Pinkie Pie Style!

Ian

"That's really weird how you're a unicorn and you can't do magic because where you come from you don't hame magic I don't see a point of the universe making you a unicorn- ha! I just said the 'you' sound, like, three times!"

I groaned inwardly as Pinkie rambled on. I mean, she was a nice pony and all, but I was getting a headache from her talking.

"Uh, Pinkie, don't you think we should start looking for the portal?" I asked as I realized she had led me to a candy shop.

"We are, silly!" she exclaimed with a giggle. She handed over some gold coins to the cashier and he handed her a giant red lollipop.

"No portals in the candy shop!" she said happily.

I couldn't tell if she was being serious.

"Uh, let's split up. I'll check that building over there-" I beckoned to a random tower,"And you can check the candy shop some more."

"Oh, okay!" Pinkie said happily.

I sighed and trotted off. Maybe I would be able to search better now that I could hear something besides Pinkie talking. I was just glad she hadn't been offended. It didn't look like anything could leave Pinkie offended.

As I walked towards the tower, I saw Jerome and Applejack walk in.

Never mind!

Maybe if I just walked around some more?

"HI, IAN!"

I jumped at the sound of Pinkie's voice behind me. I whipped around.

The bright pink pony was smiling, holding a white stick where a lollipop the size if her face a few minutes ago.

"Pinkie? How did you get here so fast?!" I asked.

"Well, first I inspected the candy shop more, then I thought, 'wait, if we're supposed to be going to high places, why not the top of the mountain?'" she pointed with her stick to the top of the mountain that Canterlot hung from the side of.

"You traveled to the top of a mountain? It hasn't even been five minutes!" I exclaimed, but Pinkie went on.

"That's not all! I also found the portal."

I must not have heard her correctly.

"What?"

"I found the portal! To minecraftia! A little way up the mountain in a cave, but not too high up," Pinkie said with a grin.

I had definitely underestimated Pinkie. "Wow...that's...that's great! We have to back to the others!" I said. We found the portal! We can finally get home!

"Then let's go!" Pinkie said, and we rushed excitedly back to the meeting place.

●※●

As we trotted back to the train station to meet up with the others, Pinkie let out a gasp. Only Twilight, Rarity, Ty, Adam and Mitch were back, but a tall white alicorn was with them. Mitch's wings and one of his legs were bandaged.

"Princess Celestia!" Pinkie gasped at the alicorn, and quickly bowed, then bounced up to the crowd. "Should I even ask?" I said, looking over at Mitch. He was smiling as though this were a normal day for him.

"We'll explain once everypony's here," Twilight reassured me.

Once everyone had returned, Rarity and Princess Celestia explained the story of how Mitch had saved the Princess from an enderman-pony thing.

"You won da hunger games, buddy!" Jerome said happily to Mitch.

After the story, Twilight looked around. "Any luck with the portal?" she asked.

"OOH!" Pinkie bounced up and waved her hoof. Twilight looked over at her. "You found the portal?" Twilight asked, unimpressed.

"YES!"

Everyone stared at me for confirmation. I nodded. "She found it on the mountain a little higher up than this city."

Everyone around me began talking excitedly.

"We're finally gonna go home!"

"I can't wait!"

"So what are we waiting for?"

Hmm. What were we waiting for?

I looked over at Twilight. "We can leave now, I guess. Pinkie and Ian can show us the way," she said.

"Before you go, Twilight Sparkle, there's something I'd like to do," Princess Celestia said.

The white alicorn stepped towards Mitch. "I'd like to give you this as a token of my appreciation," she told him. Her horn glowed inside a golden aura, and a golden medal appeared out of thin air. The medal floated toward Mitch and placed itself around his neck. He blinked down at it in surprise.

"Oh, and this, too," the Princess added, and pulled Betty out from under a large white wing.

"Betty?!" Jerome exclaimed. "Where did Princess Celestia get Betty?"

Mitch took the axe from its floating golden aura and started cracking up. "Dood, I stole it from you on the train. It was gonna be a big prank, but it was actually useful for when I had to chop up that enderpony."

Jerome looked around, shocked, as everyone started laughing. "Dude, everyone saw him take it from you on the train," Quentin chuckled.

After Twilight had checked to make sure all her friends had their elements, Pinkie began to lead us the way.

"I wish you good luck," Princess Celestia called, and walked back in the direction of the castle.

As we began walking, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Jerome. "Can you grab Betty for me with your magic stuff?" he whispered.

"I'll try," I told him, and concentrated on the bump under Mitch's jacket where Betty was tucked under. Carefully, the axe slid slowly out from under the jacked and floated towards us. Mitch and some others walking in the front didn't notice, but everyone behind us who could see giggled but didn't alert Mitch.

"Danks dood," Jerome said, and took Betty for himself.

He hid Betty under his suit, and we made our way to the portal.

Our ticket home.