3 - Mark's Alive Guys - No need to worry!

"So, are you going out today? Need a tour guide?" Junior, a.k.a. Mr. Cutie, asks during breakfast the next morning. 

I'm blushing, I know. I suddenly become conscious of how I eat. I look down at my mountanous plate and feel even more embarrassed. 

He laughs. "That's fine. A girl's gotta eat, too."

With that being said, I go back to eating normally. "I'm going to see my grandparents today." 

"You're Korean?" He looks surprised. 

"Half." I answer. "My mom."

"But, you don't speak the language?" 

"Sorry," I shake my head. 

"Don't worry. I think the company would be letting you have lessons." He smiles again and I almost melt on my seat. 

Just my luck, the other guys show up and the kitchen becomes really noisy. I still don't see Mark though. He can starve himself to death for all I care. Such a baby. Lara is my best friend longer than she's his girlfriend and you don't see me locking myself up like a cry baby, do you? Psh... I care for her more. But, we have to just go on. She's getting treated anyway. 

Of course, he doesn't know. I think he's still waiting. Maybe Lara hasn't replied or called back yet. I didn't get any reply myself. Speaking of which, I take out my phone and see if I got any notifications. I got plenty, but still nothing from Lara though. 'Stay strong El. Just here waiting for you to drop a line. Your bf's still moping. Just so you know.'

'He hasn't eaten, has he?' I'm surprised to get a reply instantly. 

'Nope. Like a kid locked up in his room.' 

'Can you please go check on him.'

'I'd be going out, El. I need to meet the GPs.'

'Please...'

Ugh. 'Fine. If you're not sick and all, u know I won't, right?'

'I love you, Cee. Call you soon.'

'Better call him. He needs to hear from you.'

'I will. When I'm ready.'

All I can do is just sigh. I get another plate and fill it with food.

"You're still hungry?" Junior's laughing. 

"Huh. No. I'll take this up to Mark." I answer. 

"Oh. The other American guy?"

"Yup. The weird one." I answer, giggling. 

"Are you .... ?" He looks at me questioningly, pointing at me then at the ceiling. Then I get it. 

I guffaw. "No fuckin' way. Never. He's my best friend's bitch." 

He laughs at my choice of words. "Nice to know that." 

I don't know why he said that, but my heart flutters all of a sudden. 

_____

"Hey! Twain!" I barge in the room. Harry is still down stairs having breakfast, so it's just Mark in the room. He's on his bed just as I expected. His arm goes over his eyes, I think covering it since it's puffy - I'm just guessing. 

"What do you want Rascal? And stop calling me Twain." He seems annoyed. 

"You should eat you know. And I can call you whatever I want." I lay the plate on his side table. "Do you just plan to stay here all day?"

"Mind your own business."

"Lara would come when she wants to come." I say, really hating how childish he's acting right now. "Just do what you have to do."