Chapter 8

Astrid's POV

It was nearly four in the afternoon the following day, and we were still busy trying to explain the situation to the former Mayor who had his arm in a sling, and was currently tied to a chair, because he was being as stubborn as a yak. His Rumblehorn, Skullcrusher, was lazing with our dragons in the corner while watching our discussion with exasperation.

"Will you lot untie me?" He said impatiently.

"Will you listen to us or will you run to your officials who want you dead?" I asked him in a serious tone.

"You don't know that." He tells us, and I let out a groan of frustration.

"Your son just foiled an attempt on your life. I think it's clear enough." I ground out.

Just then the doors to the lair opened an I see Hiccup entering with the allies he gathered. Hiccup, and a woman with flowing black hair enter, while dragging an unconscious man between them. Behind them Gobber, and Alvin enter the lair.

Upon seeing Stoick tied up Alvin began to laugh hysterically. Gobber simply asked if Stoick was being a stubborn mule again. Their dragons came in behind them. Toothless, and Sharpshot bounded over to stand beside Hiccup, while I saw a Hotburple, a Whispering death, a Skrill, and a Razorwhip find a spot to settle down.

My teammates upon seeing the woman greeted her with warmly.

"Oh yes, Astrid you never met Heather did you." Fishlegs asks, and I nod affirmative.

The woman named Heather shakes my hand while introducing herself. "Heather de la Ranged, also known as Razor, former leader of these guys."

"That unconscious lump over there is my brother Dagur. You probably know him as Sparky." She tells us, and even the others turn silent to stare between Heather, and her brother.

"I don't see the resemblance." Tuffnut muttered.

"Wait, you're related to a villain Heather?" Stoick yelled from his chair.

"Oh hush you." Ruffnut tells him with a dismissive wave.

"I haven't seen Stoick this flustered since I got him stuck in an oil barrel 10 years ago." Alvin laughed as he took in the former Mayor's scrunched up face.

"Hiccup, will you tell us now how you got him out of the hospital? I ask curiously. All of us had been wanting to know what happened. "Fishleg would only tell us that you stopped an attempt on his life."

"Yeah dude, that place was crawling with security. How did you get him out?" Tuffnut asked. A grumble was heard from the Mayor who obviously wasn't happy about how he got out.

"Well it may have been crawling with security, but immediate family still had rights to visit." Hiccup tells us. "And I had Fishlegs on standby on the hospital grounds since he wasn't suspected of attempted murder."

-----Flashback------

Hiccup's POV