10 - Visiting Yellow

Packing things are things which I don't actually like. I mean, I like traveling but packing things for your travel made me lazy.

But now, I feel excited.

Jason lent me a horse to ride on, to travel east going towards the Diamond Kingdom. It's making me nervous for a while, but I need to maintain composure.

I'm the Heart Kingdom's trump card after all.

Chester's death is a thing I can't move on from. As well as what his older sister, Mitty, told me as well.

'Kill Alice Margaret.'

Was it her fault? Why need to kill her? Did Chester do nothing wrong? Or there is something between the both of them? Several more questions run into my mind until a halt from the golden horse was initiated.

A man in an armor checks everything and asked me certain questions.

"What might be your name, Madam?" He asks like he doesn't even care at all even if I answered.

"Angela. Angela Mae Liken." I answered him as politely as I can. I guess.

"What's your age?"

I look at his plain expression with a surprised look on my face. He can't just ask travelers on what age are they! I started to get pissed off and asked him straightly. "Can I go in now? Your Majesty is waiting for me..."

My horse went forward little by little until a halt was initiated once again.

"You cannot lie in the Yellow kingdom, you filthy red being." He utters, still in his expressionless face. It was seriously annoying that he starts to become a total racist.

"I said, I need--"

"No need to shout, my little red Alice."

My head shot up just to see the king. The King of Diamonds.

"Your Majesty." The expressionless knight kneeled in front of him. I just bowed my head, unable to leave the confused horse.

"Oh Alice. I thought you weren't coming." He smiled at me, motioning me to come down my horse. As I sled down carefully, he hugged me and carried me mid-air. "You are just like Gabriel, 'ey?"

"You know Dad?" Those were the words I can't help but say.

"Of course." He motioned the knight to assist the horse, as I smirk a little. Good for him, I sneered behind his back. He suddenly continued, "He was strong, but Spade's trump card is stronger."

He lets out a frustrated sigh, not wanting to remember that memory. I became a little sensitive as well, trying to ignore the topic as much as I can now.

"So... What might you be calling me for?" I asked as politely as I can. I don't even know of my grammar is correct, but it's the best I can do.

He laughed at me, all the frustration from his face a minute ago, gone. "I just wanted to meet you, Alice. If you would like, I can also train you--".

I placed a finger in his mouth, shushing him. "I can train myself. Thank you for the offer, Your Majesty."

He smiles, yet a small frown forms in the corner of his lips. "Anyways, let's have tea?"

"We must." I insist, making the old man smile once more.

-----

I stayed at the kingdom for a few nights, staring into their peaceful city. I missed them too fast. Jason, Chester, Nikka. I wanted to be together with them again.

My trail of thoughts wondered when I saw a man walking around town in green.

I took a cleaner peek by using a teleportation skill I accidentally used and was taught by Philip on how it works.

'Just think of a place where you want to go. Concentrate and you'll be there in a blink.' Philip's words run through her head.

I followed the man successfully until he did something horrible. It was worse than Chester's execution. The urge to vomit was near my mouth, as I breath in sharply.

No.

Stop it with this.