19 - Surrender

Tears just fell out of my eyes while I gaze at my blood-covered hands. I just made my second kill inside this bloody territory and it feels like I stole the lives of humans, not crazy beasts.

I stare at my real target, King Dominic. He is the reason why I became like this. All bloody and regretful at the end. Suddenly, a thought came to mind.

Is Wonderland actually a place to test me?

How strong can I be in tough situations? How calm can I be in hearing earth-shaking truths? How can I adapt to lying and killing?

I'll just keep that in mind.

I aimed an arrow towards the king, ignoring the daggers buried on the body of a beastly human. I felt my eyes go glassy once again but, this insolent man in front of me would not escape.

He must stop this 'Wonderland' of his. It's not a place full of wonder for him. It's a place full of suffering. Kingdom of Diamonds.

"You..." I trail off, not knowing what to say. I might die in this battle, feel frustration and anger as my last feelings of being a human. I would not like that.

Then, I suddenly felt pain in the arm Vash bit while we were fighting. It was such stinging pain; like everything broke and I felt like dying just because of my right arm.

'Drink it and you'll be immortal until you believe to be.'

I tried to believe that I could do this and fight back, but all I felt was pain. I felt the blood drain from my body, making it a lot more lighter. I glanced back at Jason, who was crying his eyes and voice out, and tried to reach him.

Idiot. How will I ever reach him.

"Angela!" He kept shouting my name, making noise within those metals. I giggled at the thought that maybe he's eating his snot as well amidst the shouting.

"I love you," I managed to utter and put him in complete silence. But his tears were like his voices. So powerful and loud yet calm and silent. Just like Jason.

I looked up to see the maddening King Dominic and meek anger passed through me. I wanted to reach for the dagger but he used my own arrows in stabbing my reaching hand.

I groaned in pain, trying to move the arrow out by force. I know it would hurt, but this man is just too much. I don't want to die in his grasp.

He sat on top of me, obviously tried to read my thoughts and succeeded. "Oh Alice. I would love to keep a beast like you."

I coldly glared at him then felt the urge to spit at him. "Release Jason."

He wiped his face from my spit and smiled sweetly at me. So sweet, I think he has an evil plan. "Oh honey, I could do that. Until," he stabbed me deep inside my chest, making me shout and writhe in deep pain. It was too painful.

"You become mine."

I felt the cage open as two guards handle Jason. "Angela, what's happening?! Angela!" He asked me from afar, voicing his tears. I felt my eyes teary once more and decided to cry.

"Oh no, no. Alice..." The king who still sat on top of me cupped my face and made me look at him. He wiped my tears gently as I did not hesitate to cry the life out of me. "Jason is being taken out to the castle, to be sent to the kingdom where he rightfully belongs."

"In one piece...?" I utter, feeling happy and fluttery.

The king smiled and kissed my forehead. "In one piece." He reassured.

"Now, now. You are mine, Alice. Let's get you dressed." He playfully says as he stands up and reaches his hand for me.

I felt lifeless. No power. I just held his hand and didn't give a damn where he will take me. As long as Jason is safe. Safe.